Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » [how to] set "save and restore" in WorkbenchConfigurer? (so that EditorHistory will be sav
[how to] set "save and restore" in WorkbenchConfigurer? (so that EditorHistory will be sav [message #294948] Sat, 19 November 2005 21:02 Go to next message
Paul E. Keyser is currently offline Paul E. KeyserFriend
R3.1.1

I discover by spelunking that when Workbench.close() is called, the internal.WorkbenchConfigurer
controls whether EditorHistory is saved. However, I do not discover anywhere how to set
internal.WorkbenchConfigurer "saveAndRestore". There seems to be no way to get a pointer to
internal.WorkbenchConfigurer (in fact the javadocs suggest effort was expended to prevent that), and
I do not find anywhere a call to the relevant settor method of internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.

The Help docs have precisely nothing ("no hits found") on the topic; this newsgroup likewise has
almost nothing.

Yet clearly in many cases the EditorHistory is saved -- but in my app, it is not.

any ideas?

thanks,
Paul
Re: [how to] set "save and restore" in WorkbenchConfigurer? (so that EditorHistory will be [message #294954 is a reply to message #294948] Sun, 20 November 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: daniel.rohe.stud.tu-ilmenau.de

From your question I think you are working on an RCP application. In
your WorkbenchAdvisor class you can enable save and restore with
setSaveAndRestore(true) on the IWorkbenchConfigurer you get in the
initialize method.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Paul Keyser schrieb:
> R3.1.1
>
> I discover by spelunking that when Workbench.close() is called, the
> internal.WorkbenchConfigurer controls whether EditorHistory is saved.
> However, I do not discover anywhere how to set
> internal.WorkbenchConfigurer "saveAndRestore". There seems to be no way
> to get a pointer to internal.WorkbenchConfigurer (in fact the javadocs
> suggest effort was expended to prevent that), and I do not find anywhere
> a call to the relevant settor method of internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.
>
> The Help docs have precisely nothing ("no hits found") on the topic;
> this newsgroup likewise has almost nothing.
>
> Yet clearly in many cases the EditorHistory is saved -- but in my app,
> it is not.
>
> any ideas?
>
> thanks,
> Paul
Re: [how to] set "save and restore" in WorkbenchConfigurer? (so that EditorHistory will be [message #294956 is a reply to message #294954] Sun, 20 November 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel --

You are right, and after I posted here, realising that the question might be more relevant to RCP
issues than Workbench issues, I found a thread there "IWorkbenchConfigurer.setSaveAndRestore(true)
not working anymore", which said the same as what you just did. But when I tried that, it had no
effect, and I've asked on that thread about why initialize(IWorkbenchConfigurer) {
setSaveAndRestore(true); } would have no effect, but haven't yet gotten a reply. I'll keep listening
over there -- but if you did happen to have an idea ... :)

Paul
Re: [how to] set "save and restore" in WorkbenchConfigurer? (so that EditorHistory will be [message #295580 is a reply to message #294956] Sat, 03 December 2005 10:12 Go to previous message
See now the thread "[HowTo] write an RCP editor whose EditorHistory will be saved"

Thanks,
Paul K
Previous Topic:How to move an Eclipse project?
Next Topic:Projects and resources at initialisation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:37:26 GMT 2024