Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Tool settings: How to cutomise Properties View
Tool settings: How to cutomise Properties View [message #1580611] Fri, 23 January 2015 15:57 Go to next message
Philip LOUCOPOULOS is currently offline Philip LOUCOPOULOSFriend
Hi there,

I heard the possibility to create a specific properties view.

Can you help me understand how this customisation works ?

I would like to create a specific tab to access to limited properties, how can I do that ?

Eventually, I would like to hide some tabs of the properties view. Is it possible ?

Thank you for your support !

Regards,

Philip
Re: Tool settings: How to cutomise Properties View [message #1580838 is a reply to message #1580611] Fri, 23 January 2015 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Hi, Philip,

The Papyrus documentation accessed through the Eclipse Help menu
provides a good deal of information about Properties view customization.

You can certainly add new tabs; I'm not sure about suppressing existing
properties. The documentation should help to answer these questions,
otherwise this is the place to ask.

HTH,

Christian

On 2015-01-23 15:57:57 +0000, Philip LOUCOPOULOS said:

> Hi there,
>
> I heard the possibility to create a specific properties view.
> Can you help me understand how this customisation works ?
>
> I would like to create a specific tab to access to limited properties,
> how can I do that ?
>
> Eventually, I would like to hide some tabs of the properties view. Is
> it possible ?
>
> Thank you for your support !
>
> Regards,
>
> Philip
Re: Tool settings: How to cutomise Properties View [message #1589875 is a reply to message #1580838] Wed, 28 January 2015 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

Quote:
Eventually, I would like to hide some tabs of the properties view. Is it possible ?

There are different ways.

The simple one is to disable the properties view configuration which provides the tab (e.g. UML). This can be done in the Preferences > Papyrus > Properties View. Note that different configurations can contribute to the same Tab, so in some cases, you may need to disable several configurations. It is not possible to disable part of a configuration, so this may also hide more than one tab (For example, disabling UML will remove both the UML and the Profile tab)

The more complex one is to rely on the Override mechanism of Views, to disable a specific part of a Configuration.

Another option:

- Disable the configuration completely
- Make a copy of this configuration (In the properties view: "View Menu" > "Customize properties view" > "Copy..." > Edit the copy), then go to the preferences to enable this copy
- Tweak the copy to hide/remove only what you need

(Yes, it is easier to add new properties than to hide existing ones! Smile )

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Tool settings: How to cutomise Properties View [message #1591348 is a reply to message #1589875] Thu, 29 January 2015 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your help,

I'm still battling to understand how to customise the properties view...

So, to follow the post...
Why the context names used in Preference / properties view does not match SIMPLY and PRECISELY with the names of the tabs of the properties view ?

For example:
The context named "style (plugin)" refers to the "Appreance" tab.
The context "CSS (plugin)" refers to the "style" tab.

Why this confusion ?

Is there a document presenting the different contexts in the Preference / Property view ?

Thank you

Philip
Re: Tool settings: How to cutomise Properties View [message #1591376 is a reply to message #1591348] Thu, 29 January 2015 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Philip,

Quote:
Why the context names used in Preference / properties view does not match SIMPLY and PRECISELY with the names of the tabs of the properties view ?

Properties View configurations can provide several Tabs, and several Properties View configurations can contribute to the same Tab. So, that's not (always) possible to match them.

Generated Properties View configurations names are based on the customized metamodel (UML, Notation) or Profile (SysML...).

Quote:
Is there a document presenting the different contexts in the Preference / Property view ?

No; but that would be a good thing. It would also be nice if the properties view metamodel had a "Description" field in addition to the name, and to display this description in the preferences

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Tool settings: How to cutomise Properties View [message #1592964 is a reply to message #1591376] Fri, 30 January 2015 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for these explanations. Customisation of the properties view is not easy to use and to obtain simplified and customised tabs.

Maybe I should reformulate my needs:

From the UML tab of the property view, is it possible to just hide the Is abstract, Is active, Is leaf and the Visibility ?

As I don't see the interest of them, I can imagine to have them hidden for a simple user.

Or the other case, what are Is abstract, Is active, Is leaf and the Visibility used for ?

Thank you
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 16.79KB, Downloaded 153 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 30 January 2015 10:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tool settings: How to cutomise Properties View [message #1593244 is a reply to message #1592964] Fri, 30 January 2015 14:00 Go to previous message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Hi Philip,

isAbstract = true indicates that the class is abstract, i.e., it can not have instances.

isActive =true indicates that the class is active, i.e., an object of that class commences its execution when it is instantiated ("has its own thread of control"). How that object reacts to stimuli is typically described by an "onwedBehaviour" (activity or state machine). If isActive=false, an object of that class needs to exist in the context of another object and its behavior are operations that are called by its container.

isLeaf=true indicates that the class can not have any more redefinition, i.e., it can not be sub-classed.

Visibility is used to constrain accessability of elements to a namespace. For example, a visibility of "package" indicates that a class can only be used by elements in its container package. This is useful, for example, for traceability to check for access violations.

/Charles Rivet
Previous Topic:Refine actions with diagram / hyperlink
Next Topic:problem in installing rsa model importer in papyrus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:30:01 GMT 2024