Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Faster delete / Clean workspace
Faster delete / Clean workspace [message #1579179] Thu, 22 January 2015 21:20 Go to next message
Jeff Foege is currently offline Jeff FoegeFriend
I'm using Perforce as my SCM and it has a 'Clean workspace before each build' option which is checked. Hudson also has a 'Clean workspace before build' in the advanced job options section. The problem is both of them take WAY too long to clean the workspace. It appears like it starts at the bottom of the folder structure and works it way up the source tree deleting along the way. Why doesn't it just do a delete at the top folder of the workspace? One of the projects I work with has over 5000 files and it can take 10-20 minutes just to clean the workspace. There are times when I'm unwilling to wait that long so I jump on the machine and delete the workspace through windows explorer. Doing this manually works a heck of a lot faster.

My question is, is there a plugin that will do a faster cleanup or just flat out deletes the workspace? Or a plugin to do a Pre-Build step which can delete the workspace?

I'm currently using Hudson version 3.1.2

Thanks for the help.

~jeff
Re: Faster delete / Clean workspace [message #1581179 is a reply to message #1579179] Fri, 23 January 2015 23:24 Go to previous message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Clean Workspace, uses Java File.delete API recursing over the directory structure, which is slow. JDK 7.0 introduces NIO.2, which I think is faster. We are planning to build Hudson with JDK 7 in the future release.

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Previous Topic:Advice in moving from java 1.6 to java 1.8
Next Topic:3.1.2: StackOverflowError on creating/mod jobs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:00:09 GMT 2024