Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Installing Nebula controls in WindowBuilder
Installing Nebula controls in WindowBuilder [message #1575351] Tue, 20 January 2015 19:36 Go to next message
Pete Davis is currently offline Pete DavisFriend
According to this post: www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/205929/

it's simply a matter of adding the jars to the classpath.

I'm an eclipse noob, so surely I'm doing something wrong. I have WindowBuilder installed and I have Nebula installed.

1> In my project I right-click my project and select properties. I go to "Java Build Path".
2> I click "Add External JARs..." and go to the Eclipse/plugins folder and select all the org.eclipse.nebula.* jars (but not the source or example ones) and click "Open"
3> I click "Ok"
4> I select "File/Restart"
5> I open my form and go to the "Design" view.
6> I don't see any nebula controls in the palette.

What did I do wrong?

Re: Installing Nebula controls in WindowBuilder [message #1575371 is a reply to message #1575351] Tue, 20 January 2015 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I think I've identified the problem, but I'm not sure how to fix it. WindowBuilder appears to be using Swing. I want to use SWT. I have SWT installed. What do I need to do to get WindowBuilder to use it instead of Swing?
Re: Installing Nebula controls in WindowBuilder [message #1575391 is a reply to message #1575371] Tue, 20 January 2015 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't appear to have the SWT Designer available. When I go to "New/Other..." and then go to WindowBuilder, only the Swing Designer is listed. What am I missing?
Re: Installing Nebula controls in WindowBuilder [message #1576780 is a reply to message #1575391] Wed, 21 January 2015 14:19 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Sounds like you need to install SWT Designer.
Previous Topic:Documentation of WindowBuilder
Next Topic:Condition to palette/components
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:18:37 GMT 2024