Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Validation decorators missing
Validation decorators missing [message #1572707] Mon, 19 January 2015 09:31 Go to next message
Cédric Casenove is currently offline Cédric CasenoveFriend
Hi Bob,

Using version 1.1.1 of the modeler, I noticed that I do not have validation decorators in the diagram anymore.
I looked at the getDecorators() method in the Bpmn2ToolBehaviorProvider class and I observed that ShapeDecoratorUtil.isValidationDecorator(pe) is always false and I never enter the block which should add the decorators. I found that the only place where you set the GraphitiConstants.VALIDATION_DECORATOR property is in the ShapeDecoratorUtil.createValidationDecorator(), which is only called in AbstractBpmn2AddFeature.decorateShape(). For activity elements, this method is overriden in AbstractAddTaskFeature class and so not called. For event elements, the decorator pictogram element is created, but with the active property set to false, and the Graphiti framework seems to not call the getDecorators() method for non-active pictogram elements.

I managed to add a validation decorator on a custom task by overriding the decorateShape() in my add feature and calling ShapeDecoratorUtil.createValidationDecorator() then setting the active property on the returned pictogram element (the error marker is not very well positioned in the left corner, but that's another story).

I hope my explanations are not too confused. Let me know if I misinterpreted the code. If you think a bug needs to be filled in bugzilla, I can do it as well.

Thank you very much.
Cédric
Re: Validation decorators missing [message #1575620 is a reply to message #1572707] Tue, 20 January 2015 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

This looks like a regression. I've filed this bugzilla to track the issue.
Thanks for keeping me honest Wink

Cheers,
Bob
Re: Validation decorators missing [message #1587244 is a reply to message #1575620] Tue, 27 January 2015 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cédric Casenove is currently offline Cédric CasenoveFriend
Hi Bob,

I tested with latest build Luna 1.1.1.201501262023 and the problem decorators are back.

Thanks for your responsiveness !
Re: Validation decorators missing [message #1587663 is a reply to message #1587244] Tue, 27 January 2015 13:39 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

My pleasure Smile
Previous Topic:Luna update repository
Next Topic:Contributions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:00:06 GMT 2024