Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Code Recommenders » Does CodeRecommender have an impact on CTRL+1 proposals.
Does CodeRecommender have an impact on CTRL+1 proposals. [message #1572674] Mon, 19 January 2015 09:10 Go to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
In an Eclipse Luna IDE, where Eclipse Recommenders is installed, a colleague of mine is complaining about new proposals rows that he sees when he press CTRL+1.

index.php/fa/20479/0/

What he used to select in this use case was one of the 2 "extract to local variable".
In our opinion, the additional proposal rows "some methods calls inserts" do not make sense at all in a CTRL+1 scenario. CTRL+1 is useful for quick fixes and quick actions.

* Is CodeRecommenders responsible for the additional rows?
* Where is the configuration for this (and for CTRL+1 in general)? Is it possible to disable the generation of the additional rows.

It would be interesting to hear your feedback and your vision on this.
  • Attachment: CTRL1.png
    (Size: 44.48KB, Downloaded 508 times)
Re: Does CodeRecommender have an impact on CTRL+1 proposals. [message #1572694 is a reply to message #1572674] Mon, 19 January 2015 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Dorn is currently offline Johannes DornFriend
Hi,

Yes, Code Recommenders adds these additional chain proposals.
We have received a few complaints about this. See Bug 445843

The current 2.1.11 release of Code Recommenders thus sorts these proposals below the standard ones. Update Code Recommenders from our stable update site to get this version.

http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/stable/

I've also opened a bug that disables these chain proposals in the quick fix altogether, but allows them to be enabled in the preferences. See Bug 457809. We plan to have this included in the Luna SR2 release.

I hope this is to your liking. I'd love to hear your ideas here, or in Bugzilla.
Re: Does CodeRecommender have an impact on CTRL+1 proposals. [message #1572733 is a reply to message #1572694] Mon, 19 January 2015 09:51 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
This is great news. Thank you for your quick reply.
Previous Topic:Need help installing/integrating Jayes Bayesian code
Next Topic:[automated error reporting] Anonymization function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:36:26 GMT 2024