Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Second time running automation, Not able to click on OK button
Second time running automation, Not able to click on OK button [message #1572498] Mon, 19 January 2015 07:00 Go to next message
Vipin Sharma is currently offline Vipin SharmaFriend
I run complete test suite once properly and it executed all test cases as per expectation. while the same testsuite i started once more in the same machine with same automation and nothing changed anywhere but second time it was not able to click on First OK button. Do anybody know about this issue or fix?
Re: Second time running automation, Not able to click on OK button [message #1572505 is a reply to message #1572498] Mon, 19 January 2015 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

This is most likely a synchronisation issue. You may have to activate the AUT window or you may have to wait for the button to become visible pr enabled. There are tons of other possibilities where you need to synchronize your test to the AUT.

- Achim
Re: Second time running automation, Not able to click on OK button [message #1572527 is a reply to message #1572505] Mon, 19 January 2015 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thx Achim. But Before clicking on to that OK button there are few other steps like selecting Menu bar items and entering text. Those all steps are passing everytime while only OK button has some problem. So i dont think so there is any probem with AUT syschronizaton.
Re: Second time running automation, Not able to click on OK button [message #1572622 is a reply to message #1572527] Mon, 19 January 2015 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Well, then it would be helpful to have a detailed error description.

What error do you get when executing the test step?

Some sporadic problems arise from the component recognition. If the heuristic can't match your button every time it might be necessary to provide a little help. Naming the component would be great (if you have access to the program code/programmer). You might also adjust the mapping parameters in the Object Mapping editor. Please be advised that this is a tricky option and might actually worsen the problem.

- Achim
Re: Second time running automation, Not able to click on OK button [message #1573283 is a reply to message #1572498] Mon, 19 January 2015 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a goettl is currently offline a goettlFriend
Did the previous test run shutdown properly? No hanging processes...?
Re: Second time running automation, Not able to click on OK button [message #1574362 is a reply to message #1573283] Tue, 20 January 2015 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, there was no hanging process. It completed successfully with all passed testcase.
Re: Second time running automation, Not able to click on OK button [message #1574442 is a reply to message #1574362] Tue, 20 January 2015 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Vipin,

Can you post the HTML test execution report for a passed and a failed test, including details of how you are running the test (testexec or via the ITE), how you are starting the AUT (via configuration or autrun) what platform you are working on, and what toolkit your AUT uses?

Thanks,
Alex
Re: Second time running automation, Not able to click on OK button [message #1574544 is a reply to message #1574442] Tue, 20 January 2015 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. I am running the test using testexec
2. I am starting the AUT via autrun
3. Platform: Ubuntu14.04
4. toolkit: RCP
Re: Second time running automation, Not able to click on OK button [message #1574630 is a reply to message #1574544] Tue, 20 January 2015 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you post the test execution report in HTML?
Re: Second time running automation, Not able to click on OK button [message #1588949 is a reply to message #1574630] Wed, 28 January 2015 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex, I am attaching the failur log.
Re: Second time running automation, Not able to click on OK button [message #1590870 is a reply to message #1588949] Thu, 29 January 2015 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Vipin,

Thanks for the log. When the test fails at this point, can you switch to the object mapping mode and see what component name you get for the button you want to click? My assumption is that the technical name is somehow different to the one that you have mapped and that gets used for the first dialog. If you can post an image of the properties views (from the object mapping editor) for the technical name that you have mapped and the technical name that you map at this point, then we'll be able to see what might be causing the difference. If you map the component and it's the same one as you already have mapped, let me know too.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Second time running automation, Not able to click on OK button [message #1590891 is a reply to message #1590870] Thu, 29 January 2015 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

I have one doubt, if i am using different names dn how come it getting pass sometimes? is it possible?
Re: Second time running automation, Not able to click on OK button [message #1590973 is a reply to message #1590891] Thu, 29 January 2015 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Vipin,

What I suspect is that while the dialog appears the same to you, that there are differences the second time it appears. Our heuristic can deal with many differences, but a view of the actual properties in this case will help to see what might be causing this.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Second time running automation, Not able to click on OK button [message #1591007 is a reply to message #1590973] Thu, 29 January 2015 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

I don't think so that it is different everytime. But there is one more observation. once i restart my computer dn it works fine. Do you have any idea about that?
Re: Second time running automation, Not able to click on OK button [message #1795733 is a reply to message #1591007] Thu, 27 September 2018 11:56 Go to previous message
Divya R is currently offline Divya RFriend
Hi,
Any updates on this issue.
I am facing the same issue.
Component maps fine when AUT is launched from jubula UI but fails when run using testexec.
Previous Topic:Unable to start AUT which is a JNLP successfully
Next Topic:Creating a custom JFace based extension
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:00:14 GMT 2024