Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » sctmexecutor plugin(hudson always records jobs success even if test had failures)
sctmexecutor plugin [message #1553537] Thu, 08 January 2015 19:15 Go to next message
Douglas Moore is currently offline Douglas MooreFriend
I'm just starting to look at the sctmexecutor plugin to run silk central tests. Easy setup and there is no problem actually running a test. But if there is a failure in a test hudson still reports job success. The silk central tool records the failure but I would like that failure to return to hudson so it can be reported as a job failure.

I haven't found any forums posts related to this plugin and I don't have much experience with silk central.
Can anyone provide some insight ? Is this possibly a configuration issue within silk central.
Thanks
Re: sctmexecutor plugin [message #1555367 is a reply to message #1553537] Fri, 09 January 2015 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Douglas Moore is currently offline Douglas MooreFriend
To follow up. I found that I did not full configure the plugin. Once I setup
"JUnit Test Result Publisher" as described in the plugin doc I got the results I was hoping for.

That is, if a test fails the failure is recorded by the hudson job via junit as "unstable". Based on that status an appropriate email can be sent to alert the dev/qa group.
Re: sctmexecutor plugin [message #1555596 is a reply to message #1555367] Fri, 09 January 2015 22:40 Go to previous message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Glad it works as expected. Thanks for letting us know.

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Previous Topic:New FitNesse Instance - FitNesse plugin
Next Topic:Dynamically setting job name in ${COPYARTIFACT_BUILD_NUMBER_XXX}
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:41:43 GMT 2024