Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Re: Rich Text Editor for SysML Comments
Re: Rich Text Editor for SysML Comments [message #1547645] Mon, 05 January 2015 15:02 Go to next message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Hi, Wayne,

Questions about Papyrus should be directed to the Papyrus newsgroup
(included in this reply).

I don't know anything about the rich text component except that (I
think) it's only implemented on Windows platform. Somebody in the
Papyrus group may be able to answer your question, but they will
probably at least need to know which versions of Eclipse, Papyrus, and
the SysML and Rich Text features you are running.

Cheers,

Christian

On 2015-01-05 12:24:48 +0000, Wayne Carl said:

> I have installed the Rich Text editor in Papyrus. All of it's
> functions appear to work properly in the edit window and in the
> properties window (comment, problem, and rationale). But when I exit
> my edits are lost. Additionally, when I first place a comment on a
> diagram I can insert text directly into the graphic; however, once
> Ileave the comment I can find no way to edit the text. What am I
> missing? Is there any instruction available for the RTF feature?
>
> In His service,
> Wayne
Re: Rich Text Editor for SysML Comments [message #1547678 is a reply to message #1547645] Mon, 05 January 2015 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Quote:
I don't know anything about the rich text component except that (I
think) it's only implemented on Windows platform.

AFAIK, it should work on all platforms. However, for Windows, an additional fragment is required to fix a Focus-related issue. This may be the source of this bug

The RichText component is still experimental

Camille Letavernier
Re: Rich Text Editor for SysML Comments [message #1551017 is a reply to message #1547678] Wed, 07 January 2015 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
I saw this one also in the 1.0 SR1a release (by accident when about to edit a comment) but couldn't make rich text work. Does this mean I should also install the Rich text for Papyrus additional components (from the additional components discovery dialog)? Or is that the same components as those that comes per default in 1.0 SR1a?

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist
Re: Rich Text Editor for SysML Comments [message #1551097 is a reply to message #1551017] Wed, 07 January 2015 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Tomas,

Nothing comes "by default" with SR1a; but if you installed Papyrus Extra Components, then the Rich Text editor is included when you update.

So:

- If you have a standard text editor, the Rich Text editor is not installed
- If you have a text editor with formatting options (Italic, Bold, ...), then the Rich Text editor is installed

It is usually not recommended to install all Papyrus Extra Components at the same time, since most of them are experimental, and you rarely need everything.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Rich Text Editor for SysML Comments [message #1559923 is a reply to message #1551097] Mon, 12 January 2015 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yves BERNARD is currently offline Yves BERNARDFriend
Hi Camille,

I'm experimenting the Rich Text component as well.

I get the focus related issue you told about and I would like to know more about the additional fragment that is required.

In addition, it appears that once the Rich Text component is activated, any comment which is created or modified is or become Rich Text/HTML. This is not convenient. I think you should leave the possibility, comment by comment to choose whether it is Rich Text, HTLM, or raw text.

I tried to log an issue about that but I get an "Access Denied" error to register a bug in the Papyrus Buzilla.

Yves

Yves
Re: Rich Text Editor for SysML Comments [message #1559936 is a reply to message #1559923] Mon, 12 January 2015 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I've just installed the RichText component on top of Papyrus Luna SR1a, and I don't have any issue editing comments, either via the RichText Properties View or the Comment direct editor (Although the direct editor doesn't support HTML, so some of the formatting is lost when the changes are validated).

I'm using Windows 7 64 bits; I can't test on other platforms

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Rich Text Editor for SysML Comments [message #1574333 is a reply to message #1559936] Tue, 20 January 2015 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Camille!

Some additional questions. I do have Papyrus EPF RichText (Incubation) 1.0.1.v201412191003 installed, is that the RichText component you talk about?

I only get bold and italic text. Lists does not work, neither tables. If I choose qoute I get italic text in the edit window but some really weird font in the comment in the diagram.

Is there some other components I should check for?

Regards,
Tomas

[Updated on: Tue, 20 January 2015 06:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Rich Text Editor for SysML Comments [message #1574530 is a reply to message #1574333] Tue, 20 January 2015 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
No there is no other components to download.
In fact we have integrate the EPF component, and we have no moidified himself.
So It seems that there are bugs in the renderer in diagrams. I will verify it, this week.
Re: Rich Text Editor for SysML Comments [message #1574545 is a reply to message #1574530] Tue, 20 January 2015 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The renderer in the diagram (Comments) only supports a small subset of the HTML syntax. It means it can only render a small subset of the RichText editor.

Camille Letavernier
Re: Rich Text Editor for SysML Comments [message #1578406 is a reply to message #1547645] Thu, 22 January 2015 11:26 Go to previous message
I have right now also discovered that the ending character(s) of the first line of the comment does not show when exporting to pdf. In one export I was able to get the last character (a one), to show by inserting a space character, but in another export, I can't get the last character (in this case a comma) to show no matter how many characters I add.

Even worse, it seems I cannot uninstall the rich text functionality?

As it is now I cannot use this function but I must get my use cases out for publication...

Regards,
Tomas
Previous Topic:Display of XtextStateEditor
Next Topic:return arraylist in operation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:18:31 GMT 2024