Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » plug-ins won't start after exporting it from eclipse
plug-ins won't start after exporting it from eclipse [message #1528002] Thu, 25 December 2014 13:07 Go to next message
Mouhammad Khier Abdoh is currently offline Mouhammad Khier AbdohFriend
Hi,
i am developing an OSGI based system, and i have multiple Plug-ins, now when launching form inside the eclipse every thing is fine, but when doing Product-Definition and export an eclipse product, the finished product launches but the plug-ins stays in resolved state, it doesn't go to the active state. i am using declarative services, i have immediate="true", enabled="true" properties in the component definition XML, each plug-in has an implementation class and they provide and reference each other services with policy="dynamic" and cardinality="1..1" .
PS: i don't have an Activator implements BundleActivator.
PS: they start only when i add a start-level to them and set the Auto-Start = true, in the product configuration.
Thanks in Advance.
Re: plug-ins won't start after exporting it from eclipse [message #1547604 is a reply to message #1528002] Mon, 05 January 2015 14:33 Go to previous message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
P2 does not mark bundles for activation by default. There is some p2 meta-data you could add to mark the bundle for eager activation. I hope someone with more p2 knowledge could assist you. But one 'easy' way to get your stuff to work with p2 is to mark the bundle for 'lazy' activation with the following header:

Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy

This will essentially kick the bundle into the [lazy] STARTING state which will trigger the DS runtime to process the component and ultimately activate the bundle.
Previous Topic:Resolve dependency while install main bundle
Next Topic:Uninstall plugins during update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 19:28:14 GMT 2024