Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » If you try the developer preview version Mars M4(Known issue: An internal error occurred during: "calculating java doc of X".)
If you try the developer preview version Mars M4 [message #1518839] Sat, 20 December 2014 09:16 Go to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
If you try our latest developer preview version (Mars M4), you might get a lot of errors when you click in the Tree in the Scout Explorer.

An internal error occurred during: "calculating java doc of X".

index.php/fa/20264/0/

This bug has already been fixed; you just need to update your SDK:
Help > Install New Software...

Use the update site:
http://download.eclipse.org/scout/nightly

index.php/fa/20265/0/

Select "Eclipse Scout SDK". Click twice on „Next >", accept the license and click on finish. Wait for the install and restart your IDE when you are asked to do so.

[Updated on: Sat, 20 December 2014 09:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: If you try the developer preview version Mars M4 [message #1531326 is a reply to message #1518839] Sat, 27 December 2014 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Pfeifer is currently offline Peter PfeiferFriend

Hello there,

I also found some problems. Mainly with SWT.

1. Eclipse IDE

• Wizards don't show any tree controls (see create.form.wizard.png)
      index.php/fa/20309/0/
    • Content Assists are blurred (see new.form.field.png)
      index.php/fa/20308/0/

2. Scout SWT Client
    Sorting in Table(Page) doesn't work. Swing and RAP Clients are working fine

Does anybody else encounter the same problems?

Regards, Peter
Re: If you try the developer preview version Mars M4 [message #1534989 is a reply to message #1531326] Mon, 29 December 2014 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for reporting those errors.

I will forward your message to the Scout-SDK Dev Team (Scout SDK == the Scout Perspective in the Eclipse IDE), but those kind of bugs might be difficult to solve.

Can you tell precisely which Linux distribution you are using? (If you can figure it out, I think that the Gtk version is important)

It would also be interesting to know:

* Are you experiencing similar troubles somewhere else in the Eclipse IDE: for example in the Java Tooling or in Plug-in development Tooling. This would mean that the bug is somewhere else (for example SWT on Linux implementation) and we should try to report it ASAP to the corresponding team.

* Can you try to take an Eclipse IDE (Luna Version) and to update only the Eclipse Scout Tooling as described above?

Re: If you try the developer preview version Mars M4 [message #1535045 is a reply to message #1534989] Mon, 29 December 2014 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Pfeifer is currently offline Peter PfeiferFriend

I just fired up the Luna version of Scout. I don't have any problems there. See attached Screenshot.
index.php/fa/20323/0/

Regarding my current setup:

Linux Mint 17 x64, Kernel Version 3.13.0-24
GTK version: libgtk-3-0:amd64 3.10.8~8+qiana

Hope this helps too.

Re: If you try the developer preview version Mars M4 [message #1536393 is a reply to message #1535045] Tue, 30 December 2014 07:12 Go to previous message
Peter Pfeifer wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 14:07
Hope this helps too.

It does help.

* Next week I hope I will have some feedback from the developers working on the Scout SDK.

* If the problem is located in the SWT port on GTK (my current guess), I have cross-posted your problem in the SWT Forum: Mars M4 - SWT Display problem with Linux Mint 17 ? (I am not sure if this is the appropriate channel).
Previous Topic:Complete Scout Newbie
Next Topic:@ClassId and documentation usage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:13:22 GMT 2024