Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Object Mapping Not Working(The Highlighting feature "flickers")
Object Mapping Not Working [message #1508723] Fri, 12 December 2014 17:07 Go to next message
a goettl is currently offline a goettlFriend
I am using Jubula through the Eclipse (Kepler) for Testers package. I am running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client (Tikanga) 64 bit. If I configure my test project for the SWT toolkit, then I get a JVM crash upon start AUT. IF I configure for an RCP toolkit (and drop the appropriate RCP support into my plugins and add to config.ini), then the AUT will start, however, during object mapping the green highlight feature will only ever briefly flicker, then disappear when hovering over the controls.

This AUT does have customized SWT controls, including canvases, so I would expect to need to extend those controls to include Tester classes. However, I don't think that ALL controls in the AUT are custom.

Starting my AUT external to eclipse works nominally. The build was performed by a Hudson job invoking Maven, but I don't see why that should matter.

Do I have a configuration problem?

Thanks!
Re: Object Mapping Not Working [message #1508887 is a reply to message #1508723] Fri, 12 December 2014 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting...when using the embedded AUT Agent launched from eclipse, I was not getting objects mapped, however, when I started the AUT Agent externally (./autagent -p 60000) but still running local, I can map. I still get the highlight flickering behavior, but I can grab the technical names now...

Still not sure whether this is a bug or a configuration issue, but at least there seems to be a workaround.
Re: Object Mapping Not Working [message #1513104 is a reply to message #1508887] Tue, 16 December 2014 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there,

That's odd - which agent you use shouldn't make a difference. Are there any entries in the logs when you try to collect components with the embedded agent? It might also be the case that you see the flickering but you can collect components anyway. What platform and GUI technology are you working on?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Object Mapping Not Working [message #1591672 is a reply to message #1513104] Thu, 29 January 2015 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
Re: Object Mapping Not Working [message #1591679 is a reply to message #1591672] Thu, 29 January 2015 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am running RHEL Tikanga with a java application.
Re: Object Mapping Not Working [message #1592667 is a reply to message #1591679] Fri, 30 January 2015 06:44 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there,

Despite the flickering, are you able to collect the components? What is in the AUT Agent log?

Thanks,
Alex
Previous Topic:Jubula 8.1
Next Topic:AUT Unable to Get Focus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:49:08 GMT 2024