Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Trace Compass » Kernel trace filtering on CPU field in grid does not work
Kernel trace filtering on CPU field in grid does not work [message #1508571] Fri, 12 December 2014 14:23 Go to next message
Quinn Cheung is currently offline Quinn CheungFriend
Analysing kernel traces. See the attached two images.

Look at the CPU column. I clearly have data for CPU #4. But when I type in a 4 in the first row to filter the data, it tells me that there is nothing to show! What is happening?

Unfiltered:
index.php/fa/20209/0/

Filtered on CPU 4:
index.php/fa/20210/0/
Re: Kernel trace filtering on CPU field in grid does not work [message #1590293 is a reply to message #1508571] Wed, 28 January 2015 23:35 Go to previous message
Alexandre Montplaisir is currently offline Alexandre MontplaisirFriend
Hi!

Sorry about the late reply, we just kind of remembered we have a NNTP/forum assigned to the project... I subscribed to the RSS feed, the turnaround on future replies should be faster Wink

Interesting bug you are pointing out, we have recently moved to a new paradigm to define event columns (among other things) called "event aspects". Without going into all the details, it's a generic interface for defining the contents of trace events, so that we can display/filter etc. them no matter their origin.

It used to be that one could only search/filter on the "base" columns, like timestamp, event type, or contents. The "CPU" column you are looking at is specific to the LTTng trace type, so would not offer filtering and such. By moving to event aspects, this limitation was removed.

If you use a recent version of Trace Compass, I believe this problem should be fixed, and the CPU column, or any other column for that matter, should be searchable and filterable. If it is not the case, please let us know.
Previous Topic:Welcome to the Tracecompass Forum!
Next Topic:Can't get the custom trace analysis example to work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:26:19 GMT 2024