Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Subtree - see file history of remotes
Subtree - see file history of remotes [message #1507343] Thu, 11 December 2014 14:43 Go to next message
Tomasz Pokora is currently offline Tomasz PokoraFriend
Hi,

I have a parent repository that contains other repositories as subtrees (without squash).
To see one file history in command line I can use:
git log file

However I am also interested to see history of file before adding it to parent project.
In command line I can do:
git log remote/branch -- file

When using Egit - Show in History on file I can have results as the first command.
Is it possible to see history of file on brach in the specific remote repository to see the same results as using second command?

Yellow button "Show all changes ..." shows too much - all changes of all subtree not squashed history.

"All branches and tags" without yellow button has no effects in my case.

If in Egit it is not possible, can you advice some other graphical tool (both for win and linux) that can do that.

Thanks for any advice,

Tomek
Re: Subtree - see file history of remotes [message #1565401 is a reply to message #1507343] Thu, 15 January 2015 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
checkout the remote tracking branch and deselect "Show all branches" in the history view
Re: Subtree - see file history of remotes [message #1615346 is a reply to message #1565401] Fri, 13 February 2015 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marek Jagielski is currently offline Marek JagielskiFriend
Hi Matthias,

In our case (Tomasz and mine) we have subtree projects in sub-directories of parent project. The level of subtree in parent is one below as it is in original repository. When doing checkout to one of remote repository of of one of subtree project, all subtree projects are disappearing and files of this subtree project are showing up on parent level.
Did I understand wrongly your advice or I am missing something?
Thanks,

Marek
Re: Subtree - see file history of remotes [message #1622990 is a reply to message #1615346] Wed, 18 February 2015 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
JGit does not yet support git subtree.
Re: Subtree - see file history of remotes [message #1629310 is a reply to message #1622990] Sun, 22 February 2015 16:10 Go to previous message
Marek Jagielski is currently offline Marek JagielskiFriend
I created bugzilla for jgit: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=460295
Previous Topic:Having a problem installing PlugIn
Next Topic:Pushing to a repository with EGit not working when it works with command-line git
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:53:27 GMT 2024