Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » Changes to HTML Export
icon13.gif  Changes to HTML Export [message #1506162] Wed, 10 December 2014 16:27 Go to next message
John T. Stelzer is currently offline John T. StelzerFriend
I am using the latest build repository of rmf and it seems, that you changed the HTML export functionality and made it worse.

* you use css property table-layout:fixed, what results in a table with equal columns widths. columns widths configured in RMF are ignored. the export is virtually unreadable, because long text is not line-wrapped. using firebug to change the .container class table-layout to "auto" fixes this for me for the time being.
* using a tree of div-tags breaks the feature of copy&pasting the table into MS Excel or LibreOffice Calc, which was THE main reason for me to stick with RMF/ProR for a while. I REALLY need to export requirements....if you don't fix this, I am forced to let go of ProR, despite I appreciate the project so far.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 December 2014 16:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Changes to HTML Export [message #1506376 is a reply to message #1506162] Wed, 10 December 2014 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hi John,

> I am using the latest build repository

That's how one gets into trouble. Smile Just kidding, I'll either fix it this week or roll it back.

Are you willing to share how you use ProR? What you use it for, what is painful, what you miss the most, etc. Feel free to reply here or at michael@jastram.de

Best, Michael
Re: Changes to HTML Export [message #1506984 is a reply to message #1506376] Thu, 11 December 2014 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John T. Stelzer is currently offline John T. StelzerFriend
Michael Jastram wrote on Wed, 10 December 2014 15:21

That's how one gets into trouble. Smile Just kidding, I'll either fix it this week or roll it back.

I know Smile I am using latest build repos to get in touch with new features as early as possible, that's why I'm giving you early user feedback Smile good to know, that these changes aren't final. btw...since csv import is yet supported, what's your roadmap for csv export?

Michael Jastram wrote on Wed, 10 December 2014 15:21

Are you willing to share how you use ProR? What you use it for, what is painful, what you miss the most, etc. Feel free to reply here or at
michael@jastram.de

I'll let you know soon...
Re: Changes to HTML Export [message #1511372 is a reply to message #1506984] Sun, 14 December 2014 22:34 Go to previous message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hi John,

I switched back to the Table-based rendering. Also finally implemented rendering of images in XHTML, which was overdue. This has not yet been tested on anything but Linux, so use at your own risk (feedback on Mac/Windows problems appreciated).

> btw...since csv import is yet supported, what's your roadmap for csv export?

This should be fairly easy, but is currently not planned. Most new features that you see these days are customer-driven. If you use RMF commercially, maybe your employer is capable of sponsoring this feature?

Best, Michael
Previous Topic:Export in list-form possible?
Next Topic:Setting Identifier of Elements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:49:23 GMT 2024