Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » link external bpmn file to a subprocess
link external bpmn file to a subprocess [message #1505851] Wed, 10 December 2014 11:06 Go to next message
Mauro P. is currently offline Mauro P.Friend
Hi all,
I would like to know if it's possible to link an external bpmn file to a subtask (or something similar), so when the subtask is double-clicked the external file is opened. I need this because I need to have a hierarchy of diffrent bpmn files.

Searching on google, i found this link
https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/bpmn2-modeler-dev/msg00191.html
In this link it's explained how it's possible to achive this with "Call activity".
Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the described tab in the property view (I'm using the latest git master branch). I suppose that in the newer version this have been removed or moved somwere else.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Mauro P.
Re: link external bpmn file to a subprocess [message #1506094 is a reply to message #1505851] Wed, 10 December 2014 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Mauro,

Yes, it is possible. You have to import the external process files first: click on the Process canvas to show the Process Property Sheet, then select the "Definitions" tab and add the external file to the "Import List". Once this is done, the external Process should appear in the "Called Element" combobox. Once set, you can navigate to the external Process file (i.e. open it in another editor) by clicking the "Show Diagram" Context Button of the Call Activity figure.

You can also create a new Process and its corresponding Diagram page, by clicking the [+] next to the Called Element combobox.

Note that there is an enhancement request to display a list of all external Process files in the "Called Element" combobox, and add the Import automatically. But, until this has been implemented, you'll have to import each external Process file manually.

Cheers!
Bob
Re: link external bpmn file to a subprocess [message #1506139 is a reply to message #1506094] Wed, 10 December 2014 16:07 Go to previous message
Mauro P. is currently offline Mauro P.Friend
Really thanks Robert!
Your solution worked.
Previous Topic:How to Extend Videos/Instructions
Next Topic:Error when loading process with custom extensionElements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:51:00 GMT 2024