Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Unable to write to repository(Unable to install plugins)
Unable to write to repository [message #1505038] Tue, 09 December 2014 19:54 Go to next message
Mitchell Zoet is currently offline Mitchell ZoetFriend
We have one workstation where the user is unable to install plugins - this started after the profile became corrupt and we had to setup a new user profile. Windows 7 64bit.

The exact message is below.

The profile directory for the windows users is "now" c:\users\jjones\...
I've created the c:\users\jjones.bos\.eclipse folder manually and the plugins are able to install. My concern is that the plugins and users profile are in different places and when we replace this machine it will be difficult to figure out what's where.

I found a number of posts talking about how this could be related to Java and how it determines the home directory (timehat.com/javas-user-home-is-wrong-on-windows/) but it wasn't helping... the registry is showing the correct path.

This appears to be something in the eclipse workspace or configuration but I can't find it on the workstation...

###########################################
An error occurred while collecting items to be installed

session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).

Unable to write to repository: file:/C:/Users/jjones.BOS/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.7.0_1060073306.

Failed to create directory C:\Users\jjones.BOS\.eclipse\org.eclipse.platform_3.7.0_1060073306\plugins.

Unable to write to repository: file:/C:/Users/jjones.BOS/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.7.0_1060073306.

Failed to create directory C:\Users\jjones.BOS\.eclipse\org.eclipse.platform_3.7.0_1060073306\features\org.tigris.subversion.clientadapter.feature_1.10.2.

Failed to create directory C:\Users\jjones.BOS\.eclipse\org.eclipse.platform_3.7.0_1060073306\plugins.
###########################################
Re: Unable to write to repository [message #1506049 is a reply to message #1505038] Wed, 10 December 2014 14:37 Go to previous message
Mitchell Zoet is currently offline Mitchell ZoetFriend
This is working now - for those of you who have this same issue:

Ultimately what I did was rename the configuration files folder:

C:\Users\jjones\.eclipse\org.eclipse.platform_3.7.0_1060073306 to .bak

and let Eclipse create a new folder; since I didn't change the security folder I didn't have to do anything with the CVS password and everything else is stored in the workspace.

I tried this initially but had trouble getting the CVS password to save so I backed out at that time but didn't expect issues with the path for plugins! Eclipse created the new folder, I installed the SVN plugins and was able to get SVN setup.
Previous Topic:Eclipse/PyDev Question
Next Topic:Downloading/Installing Code Recommenders without Eclipse Marketplace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:43:38 GMT 2024