Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » For loop (C)
For loop (C) [message #1487206] Tue, 25 November 2014 17:01 Go to next message
Muster Al is currently offline Muster AlFriend
Hi there, sorry for the first post, but this is the last chance I give Eclipse.
I need an IDE for my study. I just need to learn programming concepts, so I don't have any intention using C in business ways, so I'm not that interested in the language itself.

The problem is that Eclipse already can't deal with a for loop which initiates with a declaration and only gives me the hint using the option "-std=c99". I don't know where Eclipse has the possibility to add those options (I added -std=c99 as a build variable, but nothing changed) and I don't want add it neither, even if I would know where to.
I just want that this IDE runs the code I want to. CMake and Code::Blocks built and executed the same code on the same system immediately, without any errors.

Is there a possibility to change this behaviour? I just don't want give up that early but if this IDE already doesn't let me use for loops I basically can't work with it and so I can't in future like I would like to (I hope someone understands me :>).

I'm running Ubuntu 14.10 64-bit with Eclipse Version: 3.8.1 (Build id: debbuild). CDT is installed (screenshot).
  • Attachment: screen.png
    (Size: 123.80KB, Downloaded 118 times)
Re: For loop (C) [message #1487857 is a reply to message #1487206] Wed, 26 November 2014 05:48 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Better to ask on the CDT forum.

On 25/11/2014 8:48 PM, Muster Al wrote:
> Hi there, sorry for the first post, but this is the last chance I give Eclipse.
> I need an IDE for my study. I just need to learn programming concepts, so I don't have any intention using C in business ways, so I'm not that interested in the language itself.
>
> The problem is that Eclipse already can't deal with a for loop which initiates with a declaration and only gives me the hint using the option "-std=c99". I don't know where Eclipse has the possibility to add those options (I added -std=c99 as a build variable, but nothing changed) and I don't want add it neither, even if I would know where to.
> I just want that this IDE runs the code I want to. CMake and Code::Blocks built and executed the same code on the same system immediately, without any errors.
>
> Is there a possibility to change this behaviour? I just don't want give up that early but if this IDE already doesn't let me use for loops I basically can't work with it and so I can't in future like I would like to (I hope someone understands me :>).
>
> I'm running Ubuntu 14.10 64-bit with Eclipse Version: 3.8.1 (Build id: debbuild). CDT is installed (screenshot).

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Console not display this time
Next Topic:Where to post Eclipse position
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:53:45 GMT 2024