Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Getting rights to edit wiki-page(The error message: "The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users." when trying to edit some wiki-pages)
Getting rights to edit wiki-page [message #1486685] Tue, 25 November 2014 08:03 Go to next message
None of Your Business is currently offline None of Your BusinessFriend
I wanted to add some information to the wiki-page about JDT weaving features*, specifically the part:

"Turning on JDT Weaving manually

If automated enabling of JDT Weaving is not working for you, it is possible to manually enable it. Here are three ways to do it.

Simple way (try this first):

In Eclipse open up the plug-in registry view.
[...] "

Since I didn't have a clue what the "plug-in registry view" is or where to find it when I read this article, I wanted to add the location of this menu entry: "Window > Show View > Other... > Plug-in Development > Plug-in Registry." for the next person who will probably have the same problem, but I get the error: "The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users."

What can I do?

*I wanted to add the link to the wiki-page, but i get this error message: "You can only use links to eclipse.org sites while you have fewer than 5 messages." <- WHAT?! (This is the first message I will post, so I should have less then 5 messages, right?! - I have no idea what this error is supposed to tell me). You guys really seem to like to use inconclusive error messages...
Re: Getting rights to edit wiki-page [message #1487354 is a reply to message #1486685] Tue, 25 November 2014 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
What was the link you tried to include? If it was to an eclipse.org page then it should have been allowed.
What the message is trying to say (it is, admittedly, confusing), is that the forums disallow any links to external sites until you've reached a minimum of 5 messages.
If you are so inclined, enter a bug about the confusing message: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Community&component=Forums%20and%20Newsgroups
Re: Getting rights to edit wiki-page [message #1487997 is a reply to message #1487354] Wed, 26 November 2014 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
None of Your Business is currently offline None of Your BusinessFriend
I wanted to add a information which describes how to open the "plug-in registry view".

Quote:
"plug-in registry view" [...] I wanted to add the location of this menu entry: "Window > Show View > Other... > Plug-in Development > Plug-in Registry." [...]

because in my opinion it's very hard to find...

it is a eclipse.org page: JDT weaving features*. so i guess i will enter a bug since i actually tried to link a eclipse.org page AND the error message is a little confusing.

*wiki.eclipse.org/JDT_weaving_features
Re: Getting rights to edit wiki-page [message #1488363 is a reply to message #1487997] Wed, 26 November 2014 14:42 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Thanks for taking the time to enter the bug report. (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=453270 )
I suggest you include in that report the full URL that you were trying to post so the web guys can easily troubleshoot it.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 November 2014 14:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Where to post Eclipse position
Next Topic:How to get cursor into source code in web editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:37:54 GMT 2024