Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Java Derby
Java Derby [message #1485316] Mon, 24 November 2014 06:24 Go to next message
Hou Zhipeng is currently offline Hou ZhipengFriend
I hava downloaded the "derby_core_plugin"and"derby_ui_plugin" from the Apache Derby website,and have unzipped these two files in the Eclipse plugins file.But when I restarted Eclipse I found these two plugins uninstalled,and I still can't use it.
So could you please tell me what's wrong with Eclipse or what should I do to use these two plugins.
Whether the latest version of Eclipse can not use these two plug-ins.Because the latest release of the Derby don't have these two plugin in it,and then I found the information about the Eclipse plugin on the site of Apache.It says that the two plugins can be downloaded in previous versions.
If this reason would work, could you please tell me how to use the Eclipse more effectively to develop derby or how can I construct Derby database visually.I would really appreciate if you could give me a replay.
Thank you very much!
Re: Java Derby [message #1486253 is a reply to message #1485316] Mon, 24 November 2014 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
You shouldn't expect much advice regarding derby in this particular forum (focussing on Java Development Tools), but I can give a couple of general hints regarding the installation of plugins.

Generally, plugins are not manually unzipped but installed as described here: http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2Ftasks%2Ftasks-124.htm&cp=0_3_17_1

If some legacy plugin is not provided via an update site, but only as a zipped archive, then unpacking into the "dropins" folder is the way: http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fmisc%2Fp2_dropins_format.html&cp=2_1_3_22

best,
Stephan
Re: Java Derby [message #1487892 is a reply to message #1486253] Wed, 26 November 2014 06:29 Go to previous message
Sarah Cane is currently offline Sarah CaneFriend
This helps me so much... Thank you
Previous Topic:javadoc + uml class diagrams
Next Topic:Restricting build path dependencies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:06:57 GMT 2024