Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Derby Pulgin(Need Help!)
Eclipse Derby Pulgin [message #1485311] Mon, 24 November 2014 06:20 Go to next message
Hou Zhipeng is currently offline Hou ZhipengFriend
I hava downloaded the "derby_core_plugin"and"derby_ui_plugin" from the Apache Derby website,and have unzipped these two files in the Eclipse plugins file.But when I restarted Eclipse I found these two plugins uninstalled,and I still can't use it.
So could you please tell me what's wrong with Eclipse or what should I do to use these two plugins.
Whether the latest version of Eclipse can not use these two plug-ins.Because the latest release of the Derby don't have these two plugin in it,and then I found the information about the Eclipse plugin on the site of Apache.It says that the two plugins can be downloaded in previous versions.
If this reason would work, could you please tell me how to use the Eclipse more effectively to develop derby or how can I construct Derby database visually.I would really appreciate if you could give me a replay.
Thank you very much!
Re: Eclipse Derby Pulgin [message #1487365 is a reply to message #1485311] Tue, 25 November 2014 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Dropping files into Eclipse's plugins/ folder is not the proper way to install plugins. Plugins should publish an update site for installation, or add themselves to the Eclipse Marketplace. It appears that Derby does neither.
I recommend instead following the Derby tutorial available from the Eclipse Help: http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.datatools.common.doc.user%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fasc1229700384901.html&cp=17_1
Re: Eclipse Derby Pulgin [message #1490291 is a reply to message #1487365] Fri, 28 November 2014 03:34 Go to previous message
Hou Zhipeng is currently offline Hou ZhipengFriend
Thank you very much .What you suggest is really helpful for me. It's really worked!
And very thank you give me a replay. Very Happy
Previous Topic:new comers
Next Topic:convert to exec. jar file via command line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:48:47 GMT 2024