Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Gemini Blueprint Extender ShutdownSorter issues(ShutdownSorter order "broken" by non blueprint managed bundles)
Gemini Blueprint Extender ShutdownSorter issues [message #1480663] Thu, 20 November 2014 11:12 Go to next message
Paul Illingworth is currently offline Paul IllingworthFriend
I am having issues when shutting down Glassfish 4.0.

The Blueprint extender tries to work out the order in which to shut down my blueprint contexts but because every context has a using bundle of "org.glassfish.hk2.osgi-adapter" and lots are being used by "org.apache.felix.configadmin" it isn't able to work out a sensible order. Instead it ends up sorting by bundle id which in my case does not work and I end up with contexts being destroyed that are still in use leading to dependent proxies blocking and timeouts.

By modifying the ShutdownSorter to ignore bundles that are not part of the managed set of bundles the results are much better. The rationale here is that the ShutdownSorter is trying to order a set of bundles and only needs to consider bundles in this set - external influences can be ignored.

My modified ShutdownSorter is attached.

Is this a common problem or is there some other way to address this?

Re: Gemini Blueprint Extender ShutdownSorter issues [message #1482047 is a reply to message #1480663] Fri, 21 November 2014 12:41 Go to previous message
Dmitry Sklyut is currently offline Dmitry SklyutFriend
Paul, can you please file a bugzilla issue in Gemini.Blueprint component. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs.
Reference this post in the issue.

Thank you!
Previous Topic:Gemini Naming 1.0.4.RELEASE is now available
Next Topic:Nullpointer in JarCreator when running Unittests
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:22:59 GMT 2024