Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Change order of comments
Change order of comments [message #1478304] Tue, 18 November 2014 15:17 Go to next message
Stephen Blackwell is currently offline Stephen BlackwellFriend
I have a Use Case diagram and in that diagram I have an association between an actor and a use case. I added some Owned Comments to that association and I want to order the comments but the move up/down arrows are greyed out.

Bug, feature or user foolishness?

Papyrus v1.0.1.v201409170932 in Eclipse 4.4.1 running on Windows 7.

Thanks,
Steve
Re: Change order of comments [message #1478324 is a reply to message #1478304] Tue, 18 November 2014 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi Steve,

We could say this is a feature from UML Wink The arrows "up" and "down" are greyed as soon as the feature they edit is not an ordered feature. From UML metamodel, "annotatedElements" and "ownedComments" features are not ordered, which means that UML2 do not care about the order of the content of these features. In the case of ownedAttribute for a Class, as it is specified as ordered, you have access to the arrows.

However, the implementation of the features from the Papyrus and Eclipse UML2 projects have a kind of list which is ordered, you are able to reorder these elements in the model explorer. You can drag and drop elements to reorder them.

HTH,
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: Change order of comments [message #1478333 is a reply to message #1478324] Tue, 18 November 2014 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen Blackwell is currently offline Stephen BlackwellFriend
Thanks Remi, that worked.

Changing the order in the Model Explorer did not automatically change the order in the Properties window. I had to collapse the association in the Model Explorer, select something different on the diagram (not sure if this is neccessary) and then re-select my association. Then the order of the Owned comments was changed.

Steve
Re: Change order of comments [message #1478348 is a reply to message #1478333] Tue, 18 November 2014 16:02 Go to previous message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Steve,

This is a known issue about property view refresh. I think it is necessary to select another kind of element in the diagram or model explorer, i.e. a Class or a Property, and then reselect the assocation. This forces the redraw of the content of the Property views, and thus you should have the right content for the comment area.

Regards
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:Allocation relationship
Next Topic:Generic type for applied stereotypes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:10:26 GMT 2024