Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Allocation relationship(Where is the allocation relationship ?)
Allocation relationship [message #1473091] Fri, 14 November 2014 10:30 Go to next message
Philip LOUCOPOULOS is currently offline Philip LOUCOPOULOSFriend
Hi there !

Using Papyrus Luna and a SysML model, I am looking for the allocation relationship to relate components between them, but I do not see them ...

Can somebody explain me if they exist and where to find them ?

Should I use the relation « Dependency » and rename it « allocate » ??
Or should I create a stereotype ? But Which metaclass to use ?

Thank you !

Philip

[Updated on: Fri, 14 November 2014 10:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Allocation relationship [message #1473105 is a reply to message #1473091] Fri, 14 November 2014 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Philip,

The "Allocated" Stereotype is provided by the SysML::Alllocations sub-profile. It can be applied on a Named Element. The Stereotype "Allocate" can be applied on an Abstraction relationship.

Allocated#allocatedFrom and Allocated#allocatedTo are derived properties. An "Allocated" element is "Allocated from" another element if there exists an "Abstraction" relationship between them, stereotyped with "Allocate".

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Allocation relationship [message #1473312 is a reply to message #1473105] Fri, 14 November 2014 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philip LOUCOPOULOS is currently offline Philip LOUCOPOULOSFriend
I need a few precisions as I am not yet familiar with the concept.

You write: The "Allocated" Stereotype is provided by the SysML::Alllocations sub-profile.
I understand: In my model, when I use a relationship like dependency, derive or satisfy or verify, in the tab Profile I can apply the SysML stereotype Allocated and eventually remove the default stereotype, just to keep Allocated. Is it correct ?

You write: It can be applied on a Named Element. The Stereotype "Allocate" can be applied on an Abstraction relationship.
My understanding: I see that on any element, I can apply the allocated stereotype. What do you mean by an abstraction relationship ?

You write: Allocated#allocatedFrom and Allocated#allocatedTo are derived properties. An "Allocated" element is "Allocated from" another element if there exists an "Abstraction" relationship between them, stereotyped with "Allocate".
I understand that the stereotype Allocated contains these 2 derived properties.

As an example: To allocate a block to another, isn't it sufficient to create a relationship (like dependency, derive, satisfy or verify) and to apply the Allocated stereotype to this relationship from the tab Profile ?

Thank you for your help !

Philip

Re: Allocation relationship [message #1473332 is a reply to message #1473312] Fri, 14 November 2014 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

"Abstraction" is a UML Metaclass, and is a specific kind of "Dependency". It is the UML element extended by e.g. "Satisfy" or "Verify". Apparently, no SysML Diagram provide the "Abstraction" or "Allocate" palette tool, so you can't create it directly (That's a Papyrus bug I guess; I'm not sure in which kind of SysML Diagram you are supposed to use Allocations), and you need to "cheat" a little bit.

Since "Verify" and "Satisfy" are UML Abstractions, you can indeed create one of these links, remove the "Verify" or "Satisfy" stereotype, and add the "Allocate" one. But these links are only available in the Requirements diagram, so that's not really good. The best solution would be to use the UML Class Diagram directly, create an Abstraction, then stereotype it with "Allocate".

In Papyrus, we typically use Tables (and not Diagrams) to specify Allocations. There is an "Allocation Table" available. But this table only manages the "Allocate" stereotype; it doesn't automatically apply the "Allocated" stereotype on elements.

Quote:
As an example: To allocate a block to another, isn't it sufficient to create a relationship (like dependency, derive, satisfy or verify) and to apply the Allocated stereotype to this relationship from the tab Profile ?

No: you need to apply the "Allocate" stereotype on the Abstraction, and the "Allocated" stereotype on the Blocks (source and target). Otherwise the SysML model is incomplete (As far as I understand it; but I'm not a SysML expert)

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Allocation relationship [message #1473657 is a reply to message #1473091] Fri, 14 November 2014 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Mising name is currently offline Brian Mising nameFriend
Hello,
Sorry if you are discussing this topic, but i seem to be having issues making a link/relationship between two "Device" nodes.

It seems there is still an open bug:
bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=349324

As well as another forum post:
www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/373076/

Is this bug and other forum post referencing the same questions as this present topic?

Thanks in advance
Brian
Re: Allocation relationship [message #1474405 is a reply to message #1473091] Sat, 15 November 2014 11:32 Go to previous message
Raphael Faudou is currently offline Raphael FaudouFriend
Hi Philip, hi all,

You can create allocations through "Allocation table" (it is the default mechanism to do allocations).

when you create a new allocation table, each new row will automatically create an allocation relationship in your model (that you can see in model explorer).

Hope it helps
raphaël
Previous Topic:Applying .ocl to UML Profile
Next Topic:Change order of comments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:36:05 GMT 2024