Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » How to contribute to the toolbar of an e4view?
How to contribute to the toolbar of an e4view? [message #1472299] Thu, 13 November 2014 19:24 Go to next message
Andreas Mayer is currently offline Andreas MayerFriend
Hello,

we develop an application that is still based on Eclipse 3.x (it can be used as part of the IDE) and currently runs on the compatibility layer. Now I have to add a new view and thought this would be an opportunity to start with e4 (you have to start somewhere).

The 'What's new' section in the plug-in developer's guide mentions the new e4view element of the org.eclipse.ui.views extension point and it's easy to create a view with it. But how can I contribute to the view's toolbar? Since I've used the extension point, I have no application model or model fragment.

Where can I find more information on e4view or an example that has more than a view with a "Hello World" label?

Andreas
Re: How to contribute to the toolbar of an e4view? [message #1472936 is a reply to message #1472299] Fri, 14 November 2014 07:51 Go to previous message
Erdal Karaca is currently offline Erdal KaracaFriend
I had the same problem as the menu extension point did not seem to have any effects on e4view contributed parts.
My solution was to introduce an E3 ViewPart that bridges to E4. This allows to program in E4 style but make the code work in E3 (with compat layer), too.
Once the bugs are fixed to make e4view fully work, I will need to just contribute the E4 POJO directly instead of the the E3 Part...

Andreas Mayer wrote on Thu, 13 November 2014 20:24
Hello,

we develop an application that is still based on Eclipse 3.x (it can be used as part of the IDE) and currently runs on the compatibility layer. Now I have to add a new view and thought this would be an opportunity to start with e4 (you have to start somewhere).

The 'What's new' section in the plug-in developer's guide mentions the new e4view element of the org.eclipse.ui.views extension point and it's easy to create a view with it. But how can I contribute to the view's toolbar? Since I've used the extension point, I have no application model or model fragment.

Where can I find more information on e4view or an example that has more than a view with a "Hello World" label?

Andreas

Previous Topic:Future of adt + gradle
Next Topic:EMenuService - get UI representation of menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:46:33 GMT 2024