Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Closing a view creates memory leak
Closing a view creates memory leak [message #1469803] Tue, 11 November 2014 22:45 Go to next message
ChristianR Mising name is currently offline ChristianR Mising nameFriend
I am running an RCP application with E4 compatibility layer. I am using RCP 4.3 without explicitly using most of the E4 things. My problem appears on windows but I don't think it is OS dependent.

When I close a view using the "x" symbol on the GUI, the dispose method of this view is called.
However a reference to this view stays in the system and prevents freeing the memory that this view claims, which leads to a memory leak in my system.
I have looked up the problem with the Memory Analyzer and it says that the only reference to the ViewPart is held by org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityView.
It is held by the wrapped field.
I am new to memory leak analysis so in case I misinterpret: The memory analyzer at least says that the Compatibility view is the only first element on the path to GC roots.

I am not using a second perspective that keeps the view open.

Does anyone know if this is a problem on my side or within Eclipse and how to overcome it?
Re: Closing a view creates memory leak [message #1470382 is a reply to message #1469803] Wed, 12 November 2014 09:43 Go to previous message
ChristianR Mising name is currently offline ChristianR Mising nameFriend
I think this is similar to Eclipse Bug 436225.

Previous Topic:How to get IFolder of an IProject?
Next Topic:how to make PropertySheetViewer as selection provider ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:17:03 GMT 2024