Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to have an Integrated IDE - C/C++, Java, and Android - Luna ?(Integrated IDE - supporting project creating of C/C++, Java, and Android.)
How to have an Integrated IDE - C/C++, Java, and Android - Luna ? [message #1462896] Thu, 06 November 2014 02:47 Go to next message
shreyas joshi is currently offline shreyas joshiFriend
I have installed Eclipse bundle - ADT - Luna on my macbook - running Mavericks. I could do a programming in Android - ADT and Java programming seamlessly. However, I want to create a project of C/C++ also. In my office/workplace, I have the entire project in C/C++, qt framework. So, I have a different IDE - Eclipse - Hellios for C/C++. Here, I can create a new project C/C++ and can override the default location to pick up from the existing location ( the existing source code download from SVN). This way, I can browse my C/C++ code effectively. However, at home I don't want multiple versions of eclipse -IDE - one purely for Java, android and another one for C++. I need an integrated IDE - C/C++, Java and Android on my Luna eclipse - Macbook. I have installed the CDT plugin. However, When I click the new project - there is no option of C/C++ project. I can only see - Java, android, others. In others, there is no C/C++. How can I do so? I don't want to install multiple eclipse here. Please suggest.
Re: How to have an Integrated IDE - C/C++, Java, and Android - Luna ? [message #1463382 is a reply to message #1462896] Thu, 06 November 2014 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Did you follow instructions like these to install additional features into your ADT bundle? In general it works but it sounds like something has failed in your CDT installation so the CDT feature(s) aren't showing up.
When you open the About Eclipse dialog and click Installation Details, do you see any sign of CDT in the Installed Software tab?
Re: How to have an Integrated IDE - C/C++, Java, and Android - Luna ? [message #1463489 is a reply to message #1463382] Thu, 06 November 2014 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see the following in the tab - Features

Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools

Version: 8.5.0.201409172108
Build id: @build@

(c) Copyright Eclipse contributors and others, 2000, 2010. All rights reserved.
Visit http://www.eclipse.org/cdt
Re: How to have an Integrated IDE - C/C++, Java, and Android - Luna ? [message #1463596 is a reply to message #1463489] Thu, 06 November 2014 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
So CDT is installed but you're not seeing it manifested in the New Project wizard. DO you have any C/C++ related items in your Eclipse Preferences?
By the way, there is a forum dedicated to CDT, you might get more expert help by asking there.
Re: How to have an Integrated IDE - C/C++, Java, and Android - Luna ? [message #1463609 is a reply to message #1463596] Thu, 06 November 2014 18:51 Go to previous message
No, there is no C/C++ related items in the Eclipse preference. My problem is same as the one person has faced it in the windows. However, I don't know how to fix this in the OSX- Lunar

ttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/16783536/why-are-the-c-perspective-and-new-project-options-not-available-in-eclipse
Previous Topic:EclipseCon 2015 - Call for Papers
Next Topic:Updating the eclipse base of a commercial product?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:17:34 GMT 2024