Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Master Page Footer Height
Master Page Footer Height [message #1462395] Wed, 05 November 2014 14:34 Go to next message
kevin moore is currently offline kevin mooreFriend
Hi,
it is possible to have a dynamic size of the footer height in master page. If i try to set no value to the size, the size is automatically set to 0.5in.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Master Page Footer Height [message #1464558 is a reply to message #1462395] Fri, 07 November 2014 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Have you tried using the auto layout vs the fixed layout? This should do it. Just select a blank area in your report, go to the bottom of the general tab in the property editor and you should see the options there. The default is fixed.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Master Page Footer Height [message #1476776 is a reply to message #1464558] Mon, 17 November 2014 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin moore is currently offline kevin mooreFriend
It is not possible because the generared document is PDF and fixed layout is required in my case.
Re: Master Page Footer Height [message #1746967 is a reply to message #1476776] Tue, 08 November 2016 07:20 Go to previous message
Ashish Gupta is currently offline Ashish GuptaFriend
Hi,
I am also facing the same issue. I am generating the PDF with Fixed Layout. We have a dynamic footer whose length is different every time the report is run. We were using Birt 2.5 version where, if we do not specify the Footer height, the footer is set to the end of the page and is dynamic, i.e the text in the table is shown completely and the page above the footer is set accordingly. Now we are moving to the Birt 4.4.2 version. Now if we do not specify the footer height then it is either set to 0 or 0.5in and no or only few lines are visible from the footer.

Is there any way in 4.4.2 to adjust the footer depending upon the dynamic text. It is not possible to count the number of lines or characters as these reports are in different languages and for each run, in different languages, the length of the footer is different.

Thanks in Advance.
Previous Topic:Sample example for birt report generation
Next Topic:generating empty report.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:37:38 GMT 2024