Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Gemini VS Eclipse Link
Gemini VS Eclipse Link [message #1462384] Wed, 05 November 2014 14:16 Go to next message
ModelGeek Mising name is currently offline ModelGeek Mising nameFriend
I am developing RCP (3.0) application and i want to persist my objects in data base. I would like to know the difference between Eclipse Link and Gemini and what are the pros ans cons for Gemini when compared with Eclipse Link?

thanks!

Cheers,
Re: Gemini VS Eclipse Link [message #1462451 is a reply to message #1462384] Wed, 05 November 2014 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Lorenz is currently offline Sebastian LorenzFriend
I assume with Gemini you mean Gemini JPA.

Eclipse Link is a persistence provider. It does not contain OSGi functionality which means it does not integrate into an OSGi environment. By using Gemini JPA you can add OSGi functionality to Eclipse Link.

E.g. in an OSGi environment Gemini JPA uses Eclipse Link to create a persistence context and makes your persistence units available as OSGi services.

Regards Sebastian
Re: Gemini VS Eclipse Link [message #1462471 is a reply to message #1462451] Wed, 05 November 2014 16:04 Go to previous message
ModelGeek Mising name is currently offline ModelGeek Mising nameFriend
thanks!

Is there any tutorial available showing how to persist POJOs (using gemini) for RCP 3.0 application?

thanks again!

Cheers,
Previous Topic:AbstractMethodError exception problem on query execution
Next Topic:org.eclipse.gemini.dbaccess.derby bundle does not start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:25:16 GMT 2024