Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Using EmbeddedEditor or XtextStyledTextCellEditor in table view
Using EmbeddedEditor or XtextStyledTextCellEditor in table view [message #1462341] Wed, 05 November 2014 13:26 Go to next message
Lutz Wrage is currently offline Lutz WrageFriend
I have an Xtext language that provides supports the assignment of expressions to properties. The full Xtext editor works fine. Now I want to provide a jface table that shows properties and the current value. The user should be able to edit the value directly in the table using a cell editor.
Can an EmbeddedEditor be used here? I couldn't find any example code that does this.
I also found the XtextStyledTextCellEditor in the yakindu repository, but it does not use an embedded editor, so I'm not sure if it could be used to edit a part of a DSL file.
I'd appreciate any hints at which approach is the right one and how to make it work.

Thanks!
Re: Using EmbeddedEditor or XtextStyledTextCellEditor in table view [message #1567994 is a reply to message #1462341] Fri, 16 January 2015 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To wrap this up: We tried both approaches and found that the embedded editor works but it has only very limited functionality, so we took the Xtext styled text cell editor and changed it to display only a small region of the document that is edited (like the embedded editor). This works quite well.
Re: Using EmbeddedEditor or XtextStyledTextCellEditor in table view [message #1728604 is a reply to message #1567994] Tue, 05 April 2016 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Parsa Pourali is currently offline Parsa PouraliFriend
Hi Lutz,

I'm having kind of the same problem. Could you please tellme how did uou manage to only show a particular segment/region of the wholemodel in your styled text? Do I need to set a fakeresourceset?

Thank you,
Regards,
Parsa
Re: Using EmbeddedEditor or XtextStyledTextCellEditor in table view [message #1728932 is a reply to message #1728604] Fri, 08 April 2016 13:51 Go to previous message
I didn't implement this myself, so I can't tell you much about how it's implemented. The relevant sources are in https://github.com/osate/osate2-core/tree/develop/org.osate.xtext.aadl2.ui/src/org/osate/xtext/aadl2/ui/propertyview . I think you would need to find how our class CellEditorPartialValue is used to show only a certain segment of the full source.
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] forbit brackets in xbase expression
Next Topic:Target platform with RAP and XText for Tycho build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:38:04 GMT 2024