Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Cell resizing
Cell resizing [message #1460336] Mon, 03 November 2014 13:06 Go to next message
Girish Bhat is currently offline Girish BhatFriend
Hi..

I have resized the cell height and width for custom painted cells. When the filter is applied the non custom painted cell dimension is changing. How to make non custom painted cell dimensions to remain same.

Thank you

[Updated on: Mon, 03 November 2014 13:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cell resizing [message #1460468 is a reply to message #1460336] Mon, 03 November 2014 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
I have no idea what you are talking about, what you are doing and what the question is related to. If you implemented a custom painter that simply returns a different cell size and now the painter is not used anymore, how should anything else in NatTable know about different cell sizes?
Re: Cell resizing [message #1461036 is a reply to message #1460468] Tue, 04 November 2014 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Girish Bhat is currently offline Girish BhatFriend
I mean to say cell bounds are caching . Once I have resized the cell height, it is not shrinking again. I tried with AutomaticRowHeightTextPainter also.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 November 2014 07:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cell resizing [message #1461094 is a reply to message #1461036] Tue, 04 November 2014 07:36 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Now what do you want? Should the cell size stay the same or should it update? In your last two posts you requested both.

Regarding your last statement that a resized cell is not shrinking again. This is intended. Guess a user is resizing a cell. Should the table itself override that users setting automatically? I don't think so. If you enable resizing than a user setting for a resized cell should "win" over automatic calculations.

That said, if you think the automatic calculation should "win" over user setting you need to either implement a custom painter that is able to do that, or as a better approach, don't use the resize bindings so users can not resize manually.
Previous Topic:ILayerListener Issue
Next Topic:How to use Nattable as a tree viewer?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:41:26 GMT 2024