Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Use git repository directly from remote server
Use git repository directly from remote server [message #1459953] Mon, 03 November 2014 03:37 Go to next message
Atul Kakrana is currently offline Atul KakranaFriend
I need you help in using git repositories directly from remote server. Here is my current setup:

Desktop/Laptop --SSH--> Server-A (with clone git repos) --Push/Pull--> Server-B (Central repository)

Is there a way I can use editor like Eclipse, Komodo IDE, Sublime or Atom installed on my desktop/laptop to directly work on repository on server-A?

I mount server-A on my Ubuntu desktop to directly access my files and edit codes. But same cant be done with scripts in a git because of no physical files for branches. I would like to mention here that making a local repository on desktop and working on the scripts is not an option because testing the code requires huge amount of RAM and CPU therefore all the work needs to be done directly on server-A.

From last few days I am trying to find a solution for this but couldn't find any. Would appreciate your suggestions.

BADE
Re: Use git repository directly from remote server [message #1461302 is a reply to message #1459953] Tue, 04 November 2014 12:23 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Try to mount the relevant part of the server file system on your desktop. If you want to do changes you need a
git repository with a working tree (not a bare repository). Then you should be able to open the repository using EGit.
You may face some problems if you are using NFS since it's typically configured to cache file system attributes which
may JGit think that some modifications aren't existing.
Previous Topic:Push/Fetch
Next Topic:JGit HTTPS cloning is not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:17:38 GMT 2024