Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » How does Stardust scale in Production(Stardust setup in Production and its scale)
How does Stardust scale in Production [message #1459291] Sun, 02 November 2014 09:54 Go to next message
Shuchi Gupta is currently offline Shuchi GuptaFriend
Hi,

I have recently setup Stardust on my local machine. But I want to know how Stardust actually scales up in Production. Is it horizontal or vertical? Can I find some reference to this in the Documentation?

Thanks,
Shuchi
Re: How does Stardust scale in Production [message #1463144 is a reply to message #1459291] Thu, 06 November 2014 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Shuichi,

Stardust scales very well. Please see some examples here:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Stardust/Knowledge_Base/Infrastructure_System_Administration_Maintenance/Hardware_And_Sizing

Whether you use full EJB 2 or 3 clustering or a lightweight Spring deployment does not matter. Multiple engine instances can sync via the database only (but configuration of a distributed cache is recommended to ensure model cache is always in sync).

In load test usually the database eventually becomes the limiting factor. Proper database tuning needs to be performed based on the intended usage profile. The CPU load created by the engine on the application server is usually very low. Depending on the usage profile increasing memory allocation on the apps servers (scaling horizontally or vertically) may be required.

When clustering Stardust make sure the load balancer is configured to use sticky sessions, consider configuring the distributed cache and consider using a clustered JMS queue for the SystemQueue.

Best regards

Rob
Re: How does Stardust scale in Production [message #1467827 is a reply to message #1463144] Mon, 10 November 2014 10:43 Go to previous message
Shuchi Gupta is currently offline Shuchi GuptaFriend
This is exactly what I was looking for.. thanks Rob!
Previous Topic:Adding Custom Activities to Stardust Modeler
Next Topic:Stardust 1.0 to 2.0.1 upgrade
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:50:40 GMT 2024