Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » advance scout course.(Video learning scout.)
advance scout course. [message #1458578] Sat, 01 November 2014 14:45 Go to next message
Santo Mota is currently offline Santo MotaFriend
There is a prophecy that say "someday it will show up a great scout video tutorial" starting from scratch until advance level. Razz

that was long time ago. now we continue waiting for that hero come up and bring balance to the shadows world. ^^

Really guys, we need too much a really good video material.
In dominican republic, we dont have such a expert to expand the greater things about scout. Rolling Eyes
Re: advance scout course. [message #1458716 is a reply to message #1458578] Sat, 01 November 2014 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I couldn't agree more... but this is an open-source project and you can not expect that someone else will do all the work for you. In my opinion everybody can/should contribute.

Even at your level, you can do something. For example, can you provide a detailed and structured description of the topic you would see converted into a video?

From what I have seen during consulting and training sessions, everybody starts from a new empty application, but after that. depending on application that is built, the advanced topics are not the same.
Can you provide feedback on the topics you need for the moment?

Video is great, but the maintenance cost is really important. Wouldn't be text (tutorial, book, ...) sufficient for you?

Re: advance scout course. [message #1458721 is a reply to message #1458578] Sat, 01 November 2014 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
Hi Santo,

That would be a long video, there are so many aspect in Scout that you could fill days with it. If you have any concrete question I might help you.

Regards Bertin
Re: advance scout course. [message #1460244 is a reply to message #1458721] Mon, 03 November 2014 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Santo,

A colleague of mine reminded me that we are considering recoding webinar in 2015.

Would you be interested?
If yes please contact us at scout@bsiag.com in order to discuss it and to get invited.

I hope we will hear from you.

Re: advance scout course. [message #1460287 is a reply to message #1458716] Mon, 03 November 2014 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I couldn't be more agree with you Jeremie Bresson, just remember not everybody has the same way to quickly learn.
For me the best way is "sharing knowledge", but I dont have enough material to show in the institute. "ITLA".
As a worker I must do a lot of thing and my break time even my free time are shorter than you would think.

I'll continue reading and practice by my own because I like this tecnology and I'm able to see a lot of advantage.

And talking about the videos, even if the framework is an open source it doesn't means the videos or any other materia has to. We can do donations xD.

I feel glad with your answer Jeremie Bresson.
Re: advance scout course. [message #1460291 is a reply to message #1458721] Mon, 03 November 2014 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch wrote on Sat, 01 November 2014 14:32
Hi Santo,

That would be a long video, there are so many aspect in Scout that you could fill days with it. If you have any concrete question I might help you.

Regards Bertin

thanks for your offering Bertin Kiekebosch. I'm really glad with this forum.
This is a great comunity and when I get any Question, you'll hear about it xD.
Re: advance scout course. [message #1460298 is a reply to message #1460244] Mon, 03 November 2014 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson wrote on Mon, 03 November 2014 05:55
Hi Santo,

A colleague of mine reminded me that we are considering recoding webinar in 2015.

Would you be interested?
If yes please contact us at scout@bsiag.com in order to discuss it and to get invited.

I hope we will hear from you.

If you do that, I'll in the first row
Re: advance scout course. [message #1460421 is a reply to message #1460287] Mon, 03 November 2014 14:52 Go to previous message
Santo Mota wrote on Mon, 03 November 2014 12:58
And talking about the videos, even if the framework is an open source it doesn't means the videos or any other materia has to. We can do donations xD.

This looks like the professional support for eclipse scout we propose. Please contact us (scout@bsiag.com), in order to determine how we can work together.
Previous Topic:ServiceRegistration and generics
Next Topic:Duplicate @ClassId value 'X' in type ...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 20:09:43 GMT 2024