Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Advanced Scripting Environment (EASE) » Installation on Eclipse Luna(No Examples available on Eclipse Luna)
Installation on Eclipse Luna [message #1456886] Thu, 30 October 2014 20:44 Go to next message
Ayub Malik is currently offline Ayub MalikFriend
I have installed EASE from http://download.eclipse.org/ease/update/nightly

However when I create a new project there are no examples available if I use

File | New | Example

as per the documentation?

I am using

Eclipse Luna SR1 4.4.1
Ubuntu 14.04

Ayub
Re: Installation on Eclipse Luna [message #1460627 is a reply to message #1456886] Mon, 03 November 2014 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
I was just thinking: which documentation are you referring to? Admittedly we do not have much of it yet and I cannot think of any mentioning script samples.

Still we had some samples still lurking in our repository. Have a look:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/ease/org.eclipse.ease.core.git/tree/plugins

and go for the javascript.examples and python.examples projects. Yet this samples were not updated for quite some time and syntax of some implemented commants might have changed.
Re: Installation on Eclipse Luna [message #1460712 is a reply to message #1460627] Mon, 03 November 2014 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oops cannot remember where I saw the original docs.
So I managed to look at the examples e.g.

http://git.eclipse.org/c/ease/org.eclipse.ease.core.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.ease.lang.javascript.examples/samples/scripts/IO__Web_Sample.js

However not all of these work? Is this because the modules are not included?

Finally one more question? If I want to distribute scripts as a plugin, does the target eclipse have to have EASE installed?

Thanks
Re: Installation on Eclipse Luna [message #1464100 is a reply to message #1460712] Fri, 07 November 2014 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The script you mention does not work without some proper setup. First it contains just a function. No one is calling it. Interpreters will not look for a main metod, they simply execute line by line. So this script defines a function on the stack, but does not execute it.
Next some declarations are missing. The WebRequest class either needs to be defined somewhere or a full qualified name has to be used. Finally the Window variable used for the dialog is not defined. Anyway, to pop up dialogs you could use the methods from the UI module.

You may distribute scripts within plugins. To run them you need to have EASE installed on your target machine. Otherwise there would be no script interpreter available, no run targets, no shell.
You may try to use the platform:// URI scheme to access your scripts directly. As this is not officially supported yet, you may need to have your plugin extracted on installation. This can be set in your feature definition.
Re: Installation on Eclipse Luna [message #1690005 is a reply to message #1460627] Mon, 03 November 2014 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oops cannot remember where I saw the original docs.
So I managed to look at the examples e.g.

http://git.eclipse.org/c/ease/org.eclipse.ease.core.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.ease.lang.javascript.examples/samples/scripts/IO__Web_Sample.js

However not all of these work? Is this because the modules are not included?

Finally one more question? If I want to distribute scripts as a plugin, does the target eclipse have to have EASE installed?

Thanks
Re: Installation on Eclipse Luna [message #1690006 is a reply to message #1690005] Fri, 07 November 2014 07:19 Go to previous message
The script you mention does not work without some proper setup. First it contains just a function. No one is calling it. Interpreters will not look for a main metod, they simply execute line by line. So this script defines a function on the stack, but does not execute it.
Next some declarations are missing. The WebRequest class either needs to be defined somewhere or a full qualified name has to be used. Finally the Window variable used for the dialog is not defined. Anyway, to pop up dialogs you could use the methods from the UI module.

You may distribute scripts within plugins. To run them you need to have EASE installed on your target machine. Otherwise there would be no script interpreter available, no run targets, no shell.
You may try to use the platform:// URI scheme to access your scripts directly. As this is not officially supported yet, you may need to have your plugin extracted on installation. This can be set in your feature definition.
Previous Topic:Installation on Eclipse Luna
Next Topic:Corrupt Git repository?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:47:39 GMT 2024