Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How do I use stereotype icons in the model explorer?
How do I use stereotype icons in the model explorer? [message #1455241] Wed, 29 October 2014 06:49 Go to next message
Patrik Nandorf is currently offline Patrik NandorfFriend
Hi,

How do I make the icons of my stereotyped elements appear in the model explorer?

In the example in the attached image I have a stereotyped package with a red star as the icon of the stereotype, as seen in the properties tab.
index.php/fa/19700/0/

This icon should also replace the package icon in the model explorer (or at least there should be an option for it, if not default)

Of course I could do this using EMF Facet but that is too cumbersome, I think this should be there out of the box.

Another interesting issue is that the icon in the properties view is only displayed when the package is selected in the diagram and not displayed when the same package is selected in the model explorer.

Edit: I noticed that when reapplying a changed profile the dialog displays the icons the way i want (although I changed the icons to blue stars).
index.php/fa/19701/0/

[Updated on: Wed, 29 October 2014 07:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do I use stereotype icons in the model explorer? [message #1574578 is a reply to message #1455241] Tue, 20 January 2015 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wiman is currently offline Thomas WimanFriend

I want to bump Patrik´s question about displaying sterotype icons in the Model Explorer.
Is it possible in the Luna release (1.0.1) without having to use EMF Facet, or will it be possible in the upcoming Mars release of Papyrus?

/Thomas

Thomas Wiman
MetaModelAgent Product Manager
Re: How do I use stereotype icons in the model explorer? [message #1576343 is a reply to message #1574578] Wed, 21 January 2015 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Normally, icon associated to a stereotype are automatically displayed in the model explorer.
The icon htat you have associate to the stereotype is icon, shape?
Re: How do I use stereotype icons in the model explorer? [message #1576523 is a reply to message #1576343] Wed, 21 January 2015 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have tried with GIF and PNG files with the size 16x16 pixels
The Kind property is set to "Icon" and the Format is set to "GIF" and "PNG" in the Edit Image dialog.
The Icons looks fine on the elements (where the stereotypes has been applied) in the diagram editor but they do not show up at all in the Model Explorer.

Thomas Wiman
Re: How do I use stereotype icons in the model explorer? [message #1578274 is a reply to message #1576523] Thu, 22 January 2015 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I confirm the bug. I have added in the bugzilla with the highest priority 458104: [Model explorer] icon of stereotype is not displayed
Re: How do I use stereotype icons in the model explorer? [message #1587470 is a reply to message #1578274] Tue, 27 January 2015 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The bug has been solved for Mars and for the next SR of luna.
Re: How do I use stereotype icons in the model explorer? [message #1587540 is a reply to message #1587470] Tue, 27 January 2015 12:05 Go to previous message

Thank you very much!

Thomas Wiman
Previous Topic:SysML Version?
Next Topic:Cannot show/hide compartments in IBD diagram of SysML Profile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:14:13 GMT 2024