Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Working with Views(Need some guidance)
icon3.gif  Working with Views [message #1454056] Mon, 27 October 2014 22:47 Go to next message
thom ellis is currently offline thom ellisFriend
Hi All,

I think part of my issue here, is I just don't quite no where to begin Smile

Essentially, all I really want to do is customize the icons/labels that are used in the Outline view within Eclipse IDE. From what I can tell so far, it sounds like I have to create a custom view to be able to do this, but before I go re-invent the wheel, is there not an easier way to do this?

Thanks!
Re: Working with Views [message #1454235 is a reply to message #1454056] Tue, 28 October 2014 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Which editor's Outline view? Customize them how?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Working with Views [message #1460775 is a reply to message #1454235] Mon, 03 November 2014 23:15 Go to previous message
thom ellis is currently offline thom ellisFriend
Hi Nitin, sorry for the slow reply.

I'm working with the XML editor's outline view at the moment. At a basic level, I'd like to be able to change the icon of item based on what type of element it is. What might be a bit more work, is I'd also like to be able to change the label for that element based on an attribute of the element.

Thanks!
Previous Topic:Problem with ClearCase Plugins and File Editor Plugin Implementation
Next Topic:No error icon shown in Navigator view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:38:04 GMT 2024