Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Is that expected behaviour for InstanceSpecification?(It can not be connected two InstanceSpecification block with the InstanceSpecification?)
Is that expected behaviour for InstanceSpecification? [message #1453963] Mon, 27 October 2014 19:21 Go to next message
Ibrahim ERTURK is currently offline Ibrahim ERTURKFriend
I've created a Class Diagram with a few Class wit Papyrus 0.10.2.v201402281227 on Eclipse Kepler. Then I'd like to use them as InstanceSpecification as follow.

Case_1: (It is OK)
- ClassDiagram index.php/fa/19681/0/
- InstanceDiagram index.php/fa/19683/0/

Case_2: (It is no OK)
- ClassDiagram index.php/fa/19680/0/
- InstanceDiagram index.php/fa/19682/0/
- EclipseProject Please find as attachment

In second case, It can not be connect two InstanceSpecification block with InstanceSpecification Link, however everything is OK in first case. The links was shown as dependency link in red. Is it that expected behaviour?

Regards,
Ibrahim
Re: Is that expected behaviour for InstanceSpecification? [message #1455331 is a reply to message #1453963] Wed, 29 October 2014 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Furkan Eke is currently offline Furkan EkeFriend
It looks like Papyrus expects an allocatable association between the immediate classes to set the instance association. This will be asked before setting the instance relationship. The question does not come if you try to use an association along the inheritance path.

In order to cover such model cases papyrus should have to do a recursive search of allocatable associations in the classes of inheritance.
Re: Is that expected behaviour for InstanceSpecification? [message #1455446 is a reply to message #1455331] Wed, 29 October 2014 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Furkan,

Thanks for your answer. I also sent a message regarding this issue here.

As I said in the message, "I'm new to Eclipse Modelling Tools and Papyrus UML". Does the problem in the second case may have be caused by a Papyrus bug? According to post and bug report, the bug has not been solved so far.

Regards,
Ibrahim
Re: Is that expected behaviour for InstanceSpecification? [message #1457409 is a reply to message #1455446] Fri, 31 October 2014 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

There are indeed a few bugs in the way InstanceSpecifications (Nodes and Links) are handled in Papyrus, most of them being related to the Class hierarchy. There is work in progress for fixing these issues

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Is that expected behaviour for InstanceSpecification? [message #1458046 is a reply to message #1457409] Sat, 01 November 2014 00:49 Go to previous message
Hi Camille,

Thanks for your reply, and your work. I'd like to use Papyrus in my project as UML editor, and looking forward fixing these issues.

Regards,
Ibrahim
Previous Topic:Working with Papyrus Search
Next Topic:how to add a method?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:07:52 GMT 2024