Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Converting RSA-RTE models to Papyrus models(Feature for importing RSA-RTE models)
icon5.gif  Converting RSA-RTE models to Papyrus models [message #1449647] Tue, 21 October 2014 17:02 Go to next message
Tuhin Das is currently offline Tuhin DasFriend
Hi there,

I am a newbie in Papyrus and wondering is there any way available in Papyrus to import RSA-RTE models and export them as Papyrus models. And if available, how should I approach that in Papyrus tool.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Converting RSA-RTE models to Papyrus models [message #1450223 is a reply to message #1449647] Wed, 22 October 2014 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Tuhin,

Using Papyrus with Luna SR1 (Papyrus 1.0.1 on top of Eclipse Luna SR1), you can go to Help > Install Papyrus Additional Components, and select RSA Model Importer. Install it and restart. Then, when you have an *.emx or *.epx file in your project, simply right click on it and select "Import RSA Model/Profile" (Or "Import EMX Model", the action has been renamed recently, I'm not sure which one is in the current release).

Not all diagrams are supported, and the component is still under active development, so please don't hesitate to report any issue.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Converting RSA-RTE models to Papyrus models [message #1451295 is a reply to message #1450223] Thu, 23 October 2014 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tuhin Das is currently offline Tuhin DasFriend
Hi Camille,

Thank you very much for the informative reply. I did able to import a simple RSA-RTE model following your instructions. And, yes, I also found that all the diagrams are yet to be supported for the import feature.

For reporting an issue, here I attached a screenshot of the simple RSA-RTE model I imported and a screenshot of the corresponding model I got from Papyrus after importing. As we can see, some transitions and the protocol are missing from the Papyrus model.

Regards,
Das
Re: Converting RSA-RTE models to Papyrus models [message #1451298 is a reply to message #1451295] Thu, 23 October 2014 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

If I'm not mistaken, the Protocol is a Collaboration. Collaborations are not supported in Papyrus Class Diagrams. The RSA Class Diagram is a mix of Class Diagram and Composite Structure Diagram, whereas Papyrus has a clear distinction; so a perfect import is not possible (At least not yet).

For the missing Compositions, it is much more intriguing however. They are supposed to be supported.

Thanks for your feedback,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Converting RSA-RTE models to Papyrus models [message #1451725 is a reply to message #1451298] Fri, 24 October 2014 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Cigehn is currently offline Peter CigehnFriend
Hi Camille,

Camille Letavernier wrote on Thu, 23 October 2014 16:23

For the missing Compositions, it is much more intriguing however. They are supposed to be supported.

I guess one explanation could be that what looks like a composition association is actually just an attribute (capsule part) being visualized as a directed composition association. It does not actually exist an association in the model. RSA(RTE) has a feature where you can choose to display any (typed) attribute as an assocation, even though it is just a plain attribute. I do not know if Papyrus has such a feature. Could this be the explanation why the composition of the capsule parts are missing?

The same actually goes for the "composition" of the protocol. That is also just a visualization of a port, being typed by the protocol, in form of a directed compositions association. The stereotype <<port>> (as can be seen in the screen shot from RSARTE) is actually displayed only in the diagram. The actual stereotype from the UML RealTIme profile applied on the port is named <<RTPort>>.

/Peter Cigéhn
Re: Converting RSA-RTE models to Papyrus models [message #1451890 is a reply to message #1451725] Fri, 24 October 2014 12:58 Go to previous message
Hi Peter,

Indeed, Papyrus doesn't support "references" yet. There is an enhancement request for that, and hopefully it will be available in the next version:

444605: [ClassDiagram] Display references (properties) with the Association notation
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=444605

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:issue with applicable and applied stereotypes?
Next Topic:[papyrus] Looking for training
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:30:31 GMT 2024