Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Ecore Tools » Unexpected EOpposite validation error
Unexpected EOpposite validation error [message #1449488] Tue, 21 October 2014 12:42 Go to next message
Johan Van Noten is currently offline Johan Van NotenFriend
Scenario:
* Take a look at the attached diagrams
* First create the upper diagram
* Then select the containment relationship and choose the other as its EOpposite.
* Validate...

Result:
* You obtain the lower diagram, with validation marks on the connection "The opposite of the opposite may not be a reference different from this one".
* The original connector to "myOwner" does not disappear, but the other one becomes multi-edged anyway. If you delete the original myOwner connection, also the myOwner edge of the multi-edged one disappears. This demonstrates that they are linked as one would expect.

Question:
I know that the manual prescribes the use of the palette item "bi-directional reference". The fact that you can also choose an EOpposite on a normal Composition would trigger one to expect that you can evolve a normal Composition into one having an EOpposite.
Can this strange behaviour be avoided?

Environment:
* Eclipse Luna
* Ecore Diagram Editor 2.0.2.201409150953 (same behaviour in nightly)
Re: Unexpected EOpposite validation error (solved) [message #1449510 is a reply to message #1449488] Tue, 21 October 2014 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johan Van Noten is currently offline Johan Van NotenFriend
Oops, I clearly missed something Sad
I missed the step to set the EOpposite of the second connector as well.
Although the validation message is technically correct, it didn't lead me to realizing the issue.
Maybe consider rephrasing?
Re: Unexpected EOpposite validation error (solved) [message #1451279 is a reply to message #1449510] Thu, 23 October 2014 15:47 Go to previous message
Cedric Brun is currently offline Cedric BrunFriend
actually I noticed the problem that the Ecore tree editor would have set this for you directly. That was during a workshop so I just tracked it there :

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=444845

http://cedric.brun.io news and articles on eclipse and eclipse modeling.
Previous Topic:Sirius - viewpoint bug?
Next Topic:syncing to xcore model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:52:43 GMT 2024