Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » help please for the configuration jdk jre on eclipse
help please for the configuration jdk jre on eclipse [message #1449059] Mon, 20 October 2014 21:40 Go to next message
july julyB is currently offline july julyBFriend
Hello,

When I run my project on eclipse I have this error :
[ERROR] No compiler is provided in this environment. Perhaps you are running on a JRE rather than a JDK?

So I changed configuration of jdk and jre in windows-->preferences-->java

I've deleted j2se and I put jre8

and I made change of the configuration in other location in eclipse replacing jdk or J2se by jre8. I don't remember where in eclipse, I'm a beginner...

So I always have the same error when I build my maven project.

My JAVA_HOME path is : "[path installation directory] [color=red]jre8[/color]", and not [path installation directory] [color=red] jdK8[/color], is this correct please?

I don't see jdk8 in my eclipse.

I don't understand how I should configure jdk and jre in my eclipse to run my project.

I attached to file : in windows-->preferences :

1) my execution environnement

and 2) installed jre

I don't know how to configure all that

I need help please.

Thanks in advance
Re: help please for the configuration jdk jre on eclipse [message #1449112 is a reply to message #1449059] Mon, 20 October 2014 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

From the "Run" menu, choose "Run Configurations..." and make sure you're launching your application with the JDK rather than the JRE. These do not automatically change when you modify the Installed JREs list.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: help please for the configuration jdk jre on eclipse [message #1449315 is a reply to message #1449112] Tue, 21 October 2014 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

thanks Nitin for your help : effectively I have only the jre in run configuration.

I add jdk like this(I attached the file) and I have the same error cause I don't know how to add the jdk

Re: help please for the configuration jdk jre on eclipse [message #1449658 is a reply to message #1449112] Tue, 21 October 2014 17:27 Go to previous message
Hello,

I succeed in configuring jdk in eclipse. My project
build success now.

Thabks for your help,

Regards
Previous Topic:Newcomer to Eclipse and semi newcomer to the prgramming world.
Next Topic:Help with a customer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:48:32 GMT 2024