Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Setting error message on display converter failure.
Setting error message on display converter failure. [message #1448854] Mon, 20 October 2014 14:35 Go to next message
Elvis Parsley is currently offline Elvis ParsleyFriend
Hello,

I am attempting to create a Decimal Display converter, so that we can bubble up parsing errors to the users.

If there is a parsing error I throw a ConversionFailedException with the appropriate message. This Exception is being caught by the Abstract Cell Editor, and displayError is being called. In the RenderErrorHandling class, the decoration is being set correctly, but the error message is not being set on the decoration.

This causes the last error message that was set to be shown on the error decoration, when the user hovers over the decoration.

(Let me know if you didn't follow that)

Is there a better way to get these parsing errors set on the error decoration? I am hoping there is a way to solve this without having to create my own RenderErrorHandling class.

Thanks,
Elvis.
Re: Setting error message on display converter failure. [message #1448976 is a reply to message #1448854] Mon, 20 October 2014 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

thanks for reporting. Looks like a bug to me, so I created a bug ticket and fixed it right away.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=447974

It will be released with 1.2.0 in January. Until then you will either need to update to a SNAPSHOT version or implement a custom RenderErrorHandling as a workaround until you are able to use 1.2.0.

Greez,
Dirk
Re: Setting error message on display converter failure. [message #1449684 is a reply to message #1448976] Tue, 21 October 2014 18:20 Go to previous message
Elvis Parsley is currently offline Elvis ParsleyFriend
Awesome! Thanks Dirk Very Happy
Previous Topic:Displaying composite in NaTable cell
Next Topic:Sorting on a grid that has grouped column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:02:43 GMT 2024