Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Using ADT(How to create a Android Application Project that compiles?)
icon5.gif  Using ADT [message #1448836] Mon, 20 October 2014 14:06 Go to next message
Sean McElroy is currently offline Sean McElroyFriend
Hello,

I'm trying to create a basic Android Application Project using Eclipse Kelper and the Android Development Tools plugin version 23.0.4.1468518. When I create a project Eclipse is creating an additional project called appcompat_v7. As this is my first attempt at writing an Android App I'll admit that I don't know what this project is for but I'm guessing that it serves some purpose. The problem I'm having is that this project has errors, lots of them, and they're all very similar. For example Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:colorPrimaryDark'.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and I was hoping that someone out there could help? When I created the project I specified API 19 Android 4.4 and I appear to have downloaded the correct packages using the SDK Manager.

I'm using Java 1.7 on Windows 8.

Thanks in advance for you help.
Re: Using ADT [message #1448947 is a reply to message #1448836] Mon, 20 October 2014 17:35 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Please read the Announcement message at the top of this forum titled, "Android Development Info ** READ FIRST **"
Previous Topic:[Luna] mysterious workspace loaded at first startup
Next Topic:plugin 'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.sdk.feature.group' is null
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:16:39 GMT 2024