Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Hitting Breakpoints in Run -> Debug Configurations... -> Debug(Debugging)
Hitting Breakpoints in Run -> Debug Configurations... -> Debug [message #1447047] Fri, 17 October 2014 18:06 Go to next message
Randy Bone is currently offline Randy BoneFriend
I'm using Eclipse Kepler with a Java 1.6 project I inherited from another developer.

With the Java project loaded in Eclipse, I can click Run -> Debug Configurations... In the Debug Configurations dialog under Java Application, I see a Debug Configuration for the class I want to start, so I select it. I click "Debug" and see Log.warn messages from the class I'm interested in, so I'm confident I'm actually running the code I'm interested in.

When I set breakpoints on the Log.warn messages, I don't stop execution at the breakpoint. It just runs to completion. I want to know how to fix it so I stop at the breakpoints!

I look in the documentation, and for the Debug Configurations screen in the docs, I see a Debugger tab. I do not see a Debugger tab in mine, so maybe I just need to know how to configure the Debugger?

Thanks,
Randy
Re: Hitting Breakpoints in Run -> Debug Configurations... -> Debug [message #1447144 is a reply to message #1447047] Fri, 17 October 2014 21:38 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
What documentation showed you those additional tabs in the debug configuration dialog?
(I don't have them and my debugger stops at almost every breakpoint I set).

First thing I'd try: select "[x] Stop in main" and start stepping from there, to see if the debugger is generally working.
While stepping, set a breakpoint on a line that you just have visited. Re-run and see if it stops there.

Stephan
Previous Topic:map reduce
Next Topic:Need help wrapping third party to a bundle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:28:46 GMT 2024