Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Error attempting to update software
icon9.gif  Error attempting to update software [message #1444067] Mon, 13 October 2014 15:37 Go to next message
Kenneth Platz is currently offline Kenneth PlatzFriend
Hello everyone,

I'm running Eclipse Luna, and as I periodically do, I checked for updates to install. There are a bunch of updates out apparently (including CDT updates). However, when I attempt to install them, I get the following errors:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=epp.package.standard, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.cforcoding.jmd,0.8.1.201407220948
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.cdt,8.5.0.201409172108

And a whole bunch of other "No repository found" errors. Any ideas on how I can resolve this?

Thank you all in advance!
Re: Error attempting to update software [message #1444133 is a reply to message #1444067] Mon, 13 October 2014 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
That sounds like a potential proxy configuration issue or a transient network/connectivity issue. Do you use a proxy to connect to the Internet? Have you tried the update again to rule out a temporary network glitch?
Re: Error attempting to update software [message #1444223 is a reply to message #1444133] Mon, 13 October 2014 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric,

No, I do not use a proxy; I have a direct connection to the Internet. I have attempted this multiple times, and I have stopped/restarted Eclipse. It is a repeatable problem for me.

Re: Error attempting to update software [message #1444722 is a reply to message #1444223] Tue, 14 October 2014 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found the problem (based upon postings I found on StackOverflow). I had to go into my Available Software Sites, and each site that didn't have a trailing "/", I added it in there. Once I did that and reloaded each site, the errors went away.
Re: Error attempting to update software [message #1445143 is a reply to message #1444722] Wed, 15 October 2014 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
(It's too late to reply, but I post this prepared comment since I guess that "/" has no sense but it caused unmatching and remaking in settings, it is equivalent to adding new site.)

Try,
1. Open "Error Log" view and clear its contents
2. Open Preferences->Install/Update->Available Software Sites
3. Select each site and do Reload
=> If "Provisioning exception - No repository found at ..." appears in Error Log view even though you could see "... has been reloaded from the server" message-box, do following steps.

4. Disable all sites and close preferences
5. Re-open Preferences->Install/Update->Available Software Sites
6. Enable sites which were enabled before, select each site and do Reload

Another way:
4. Select all sites and do Export
5. Do Remove all sites and close preferences
6. Re-open Preferences->Install/Update->Available Software Sites
7. Do Import

BTW, if you lost some or all update sites(it may occur), you probably need to install eclipse+plugins again unless you are maintaining the list of update sites. I don't know how to recover update sites list when it is broken.
Re: Error attempting to update software [message #1445528 is a reply to message #1445143] Wed, 15 October 2014 15:14 Go to previous message
Brock Hallenbeck is currently offline Brock HallenbeckFriend
Toshihiro Izumi wrote on Wed, 15 October 2014 03:26
(It's too late to reply, but I post this prepared comment since I guess that "/" has no sense but it caused unmatching and remaking in settings, it is equivalent to adding new site.)

Try,
1. Open "Error Log" view and clear its contents
2. Open Preferences->Install/Update->Available Software Sites
3. Select each site and do Reload
=> If "Provisioning exception - No repository found at ..." appears in Error Log view even though you could see "... has been reloaded from the server" message-box, do following steps.

4. Disable all sites and close preferences
5. Re-open Preferences->Install/Update->Available Software Sites
6. Enable sites which were enabled before, select each site and do Reload

Another way:
4. Select all sites and do Export
5. Do Remove all sites and close preferences
6. Re-open Preferences->Install/Update->Available Software Sites
7. Do Import

BTW, if you lost some or all update sites(it may occur), you probably need to install eclipse+plugins again unless you are maintaining the list of update sites. I don't know how to recover update sites list when it is broken.

I am having the same problem as OP it seems. Those steps did not help me. It may be worth noting that the web browser also does not work. I am not using a proxy and I have no other network issues.
Previous Topic:Jetty 9 adding charset by default
Next Topic:Can not generate the target model by using ATL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:42:49 GMT 2024