Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Issues with importing processes created in Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler Project(Require some info and help to deploy the imported BPMN2 Modeler diagrams)
Issues with importing processes created in Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler Project [message #1444023] Mon, 13 October 2014 14:46 Go to next message
Kunal Suri is currently offline Kunal SuriFriend

Hello,

Greetings!

I would kindly like to ask the forum to help me understand how to work with an imported BPMN2 File in Stardust.

I am currently performing the following steps:

1. Creating a BPMN diagram in Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler project.

2. Importing the model in Stardust using the "import" option in the Portal.
(Just a FYI: I am just creating the BPMN file and directly importing it)

3. Once I import the model, I try to create some participants and roles.

All goes well till I click the "Deploy" option. Once I try to deploy the model in the Stardust Engine it gives me the following error.
Cannot deploy: Model file name / path not available

When I create a model directly in Stardust Portal's BPMN modeler, I am able to create and deploy the Processes without any issue.

Could you please help me to understand if I am missing some step while importing the models or if there is some compatibility issue that I might not be aware of.
It would be really great if you could point me to some documentation on the same.

Thanks,
Kunal.

Re: Issues with importing processes created in Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler Project [message #1446012 is a reply to message #1444023] Thu, 16 October 2014 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gregor Gisler-Merz is currently offline Gregor Gisler-MerzFriend
Hi Kunal
BPMN2 support in Stardust is still experimental. If you could provide us with the BPMN2 file you currently work on we could look into it.
We are currently working on a Runime Extension for BPMN2Modeler. There you will be able to extend your BPMN2 Modell. In a subsequent step you will be able to transform the BPMN2 model to XPDL which is the native format Stardust uses.
Best regards
Gregor
Re: Issues with importing processes created in Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler Project [message #1670849 is a reply to message #1446012] Fri, 13 March 2015 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lea-Louisa Maass is currently offline Lea-Louisa MaassFriend
Hi,
I am currently working on deploying process models automatically to stardust. Unfortunately, I only have .bpmn models, which I need to convert to .xpdl.
In the previous post you said that you are working on a solution to make converting possible.
Is it possible yet?

Best Regards,
Lea-Louisa
Re: Issues with importing processes created in Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler Project [message #1737749 is a reply to message #1670849] Tue, 12 July 2016 13:08 Go to previous message
Mario CC is currently offline Mario CCFriend
Hi all,

If there is some advances in this topic I would be interested. I got the same issue that Kunal when trying to deploy a process that has been imported in a bpmn extension.
Cheers,

Mario
Previous Topic:Rest service call through camel
Next Topic:Periodically Export Structured Data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:05:37 GMT 2024