Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » Activity Diagrams(Question(s) about EPF Composer's Capability Patterns and Delivery Processes)
Activity Diagrams [message #1443760] Mon, 13 October 2014 07:17 Go to next message
Devang Sanghrajka is currently offline Devang SanghrajkaFriend
Hi,

I have been working on learning, using and setting up EPF for a couple of weeks now. I am kinda stuck with "how to go about" doing the capability patterns and delivery process work. Please do let me know the answers/suggestions/comments for my questions below:

1) Does EPF auto-generate activity diagrams if I define a capability pattern or a delivery process? If yes, how do I get it to do that?

2) If EPF does NOT auto-generate activity diagrams, what is the best way of working on creating these diagrams and linking the same to the capability patterns or delivery processes?

Thanks.
Re: Activity Diagrams [message #1449808 is a reply to message #1443760] Tue, 21 October 2014 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruce MacIsaac is currently offline Bruce MacIsaacFriend
1) EPF does not auto-generated activity diagrams.
It will autogenerate activity detail diagrams, which is really a table with icons showing tasks grouped by roles and inputs/output work products.
2) At any activity level in a breakdown structure (WBS), you can right click and select "Open activity diagram". The diagram is populated with the children elements, and you can move them and add flow connectors. When published, the diagram will contain hyperlinks.

An alternative is to use visio or some other drawing tool, and add area maps. My recollection is that the area map editor may only be available on RMC, and not EPF Composer.
However, that doesn't prevent you from using some other tool to create area maps as HTML and then adding that HTML to any of the rich text editor fields for an element.
icon7.gif  Re: Activity Diagrams [message #1453734 is a reply to message #1449808] Mon, 27 October 2014 11:49 Go to previous message
Devang Sanghrajka is currently offline Devang SanghrajkaFriend
Thank you for your reply Bruce. Appreciate it. I kinda figured out the diagrams and if they are auto-generated. I was also thinking on the lines of doing the diagrams in Visio and using the same by somehow importing it in to EPF. Your suggestion of using the HTML is excellent. Thank you.
Previous Topic:Method Composer tips and tricks webinar: Oct 30, 2014 - 11am-12pm EST:
Next Topic:Iframe in EPF - resized by content
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:35:27 GMT 2024