Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Indigo Update Site Issues
Indigo Update Site Issues [message #1441180] Thu, 09 October 2014 11:11 Go to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this issue, but maybe you can help me to solve it anyhow.

I am trying to build up a target definition for an Eclipse RCP project based on Indigo. The project uses several SVN features in the back, so there are dependencies to the Subversive features.

Using the Indigo Software Site http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo I am able to add

Subversive SVN Team Provider 0.7.9.I20110819-1700

to my target definition.

Now I want to add the SVN Connectors and SVNKit 1.7.4 via

http://community.polarion.com/projects/subversive/download/eclipse/2.0/update-site/

But trying to do this I get the error that org.polarion.eclipse.team.svn.connector.svnkit1.7.feature.group 2.3.0.I20120520-1700 requires org.eclipse.team.svn.feature.group [0.7.9.I20120413-1700,1.0.0) which can not be found.

From what I know about OSGi versioning and specifying version ranges, the version range definition of the SVNKit feature seems to be too restrictive. It uses the build timestamp, which points to a later time than the team provider that is part of the Eclipse Indigo p2 repository.

If I understand correctly it is not possible to configure SVN in a target definition because of the too restrictive version constraints. Or is it possible somehow to get it working otherwise? For me it looks like Subversive is not installable or usable in an Indigo environment.

Really appreciate any help.

Greez,
Dirk

P.S. Maybe it is possible to use a more current version, but the main goal is to migrate in steps to a best practice project setup, and I want to migrate step by step without version changes of libraries while doing other stuff.
Re: Indigo Update Site Issues [message #1455512 is a reply to message #1441180] Wed, 29 October 2014 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
The Indigo's SimRel version does not support SVN 1.7 and the reason for that is incompatible API changes. We weren't able to make a major version change because we were in "incubation" stage and Eclipse policies prevented us from doing so. So, please don't be mislead by the version numbers used prior to graduation.

So, if you want to use SVN 1.7 based connectors, then please try using Juno's SimRel version of Subversive. It still is compatible with Indigo and supports SVN 1.7 at the same time.
Re: Indigo Update Site Issues [message #1460108 is a reply to message #1455512] Mon, 03 November 2014 07:40 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Thanks for the explanation. I already solved our issue by using the Juno update site as you suggest. Good to know that this is a valid workaround.
Previous Topic:Where are 1.6 connectors for Luna
Next Topic:Can't setup SVN repository location
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:48:05 GMT 2024