Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » How to set a backgroundcolor to a specific button in RAP
How to set a backgroundcolor to a specific button in RAP [message #1440594] Wed, 08 October 2014 15:11 Go to next message
Michiel Arentsen is currently offline Michiel ArentsenFriend
Hello Scout gurus,

I am a newbie in Scout development, and currently figuring out the styling possibilities for a Scout RAP application (see the screeenshot to get an idea where i am going..).

I am trying to style the 'Save' button in RAP. I want to give it another backgroundcolor.
I know how to style buttons in the CSS, but is there a possibility to style a specific button backgroundcolor?

We have a toolbar with a save button like
public class SaveButton extends AbstractSaveButton {}

Is there a way in the CSS to style this SaveButton?

Re: How to set a backgroundcolor to a specific button in RAP [message #1440624 is a reply to message #1440594] Wed, 08 October 2014 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Hi,

Thanks for posting here. Welcome!

In the Scout model a button is defined by:
- The SystemType property (NONE, CANCEL, CLOSE, OK, RESET, SAVE ...)
- The ProcessButton property (true / false)

I will need to check with RAP experts, but I am not sure that those properties are transferred to the RAP layer. This is a precondition in order for you to be able to style the component.

This reminds me of this conversation we have about the default button of a form. This information is missing in the Scout model. Kind of limitation, but your problem might be unrelated.

By the way, you seem to have a nice Scout application. Is it already deployed in production?
Re: How to set a backgroundcolor to a specific button in RAP [message #1440643 is a reply to message #1440624] Wed, 08 October 2014 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jeremie,

Thanks alot for looking into it. The default button issue is not directly related, but would be nice to have though.

I found out in this forum that styling a formtoolbutton in RAP is done by adding the class name of the formtoolbutton in the CSS, like for a formtoolbutton called UserSetingsTool i can use:
Button.toolButton-UserSettingsTool {
..} 

But this doesn't work for a standard button, or i am missing something.. Confused

The application is not yet in production, we are working on converting an Oracle Forms application to Scout..

Thanks again in advance for consulting your RAP experts.
Michiel
Re: How to set a backgroundcolor to a specific button in RAP [message #1443239 is a reply to message #1440643] Sun, 12 October 2014 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any hint?
Re: How to set a backgroundcolor to a specific button in RAP [message #1443940 is a reply to message #1443239] Mon, 13 October 2014 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I got this input from Daniel Wiehl.

In the RwtEnvironment, the method createFormField(..) is called for every scout-field. This is where the corresponding Rwt-Widget is instantiated.
If you have a way to recognize your button, you can add additional metadata to the Widget: RWT.CUSTOM_VARIANT seems to do, what you are looking for.

Here an example (for Desktop):
import org.eclipse.rap.rwt.RWT;
import org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.form.fields.IFormField;
import org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.ui.form.fields.button.AbstractOkButton;
import org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.AbstractStandaloneRwtEnvironment;
import org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.form.fields.IRwtScoutFormField;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite;
import org.eclipsescout.demo.minicrm.client.ClientSession;

public class StandaloneRwtEnvironment extends AbstractStandaloneRwtEnvironment {

public StandaloneRwtEnvironment() {
    super(Activator.getDefault().getBundle(), ClientSession.class);
  }

@Override
  public IRwtScoutFormField createFormField(Composite parent, IFormField model) {
    IRwtScoutFormField rwtField = super.createFormField(parent, model);
    if (model instanceof AbstractOkButton) {
      rwtField.getUiField().setData(RWT.CUSTOM_VARIANT, "OkButton");
    }
    return rwtField;
  }
}

I hope this helps you. Do not hesitate to continue the discussion.
Re: How to set a backgroundcolor to a specific button in RAP [message #1444100 is a reply to message #1443940] Mon, 13 October 2014 16:31 Go to previous message
Thanks! I will give this a try and post my findings.
Previous Topic:Custom Servlet => use SERVICES.getService(..)
Next Topic:OSGi console with a compiled application (exe)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:05:24 GMT 2024