Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Loader Constraint violation for EMF Compare(loader constraint violation comparing 2 large xmi file with common ancestor)
Loader Constraint violation for EMF Compare [message #1439754] Tue, 07 October 2014 13:30 Go to next message
David Wynter is currently offline David WynterFriend
I get the following after about 40 minutes of processing, maybe 60% of two xmi 6MB files with a common ancestor, which I don't have in xmi format, just a corrupted CDO repo. There are only model value differences, no model changes.

EMF Compare Core feature version is 3.0.1.201408191310

An internal error occurred during: "Compute Model Differences".
loader constraint violation: when resolving method "org.eclipse.emf.compare.scope.FilterComparisonScope.setResourceSetContentFilter(Lcom/google/common/base/Predicate;)V" the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) of the current class, org/eclipse/emf/compare/ide/ui/internal/logical/EMFSynchronizationModel, and the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) for resolved class, org/eclipse/emf/compare/scope/FilterComparisonScope, have different Class objects for the type ope.setResourceSetContentFilter(Lcom/google/common/base/Predicate;)V used in the signature

Any ideas?
Re: Loader Constraint violation for EMF Compare [message #1440326 is a reply to message #1439754] Wed, 08 October 2014 08:14 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi David,

If I am reading this correctly, you have two distinct versions of Guava installed in your environment... en unfortunately the "loose" version constraints we use in EMF Compare (11.0.0 to 16.0.0 excluded) are playing against us here since the core of EMF Compare has accepted a different version than its GUI...

I cannot really propose a workaround here, other than double-checking the versions of guava you have installed, and removing the older ones (Eclipse Luna as a whole should be capable of using Guava 15). You could also try to launch a "warmup" comparison through EMF Compare before trying your failing one : the linking to guava should take place as soon as EMF Compare plugins are started. Hopefully, they'll both link to the proper version of Guava if EMF Compare is started as a whole (core and UI) instead of one after the other.

We'll probably need to make sure that nothing from guava is exposed in our own APIs in later releases of EMF Compare...

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Previous Topic:[searching] hi-res version of Comparison Process figure from developer-guide
Next Topic:Semantic comparison
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:28:59 GMT 2024